Warring Fronts RPG Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warring Fronts RPG Forum

Warring Fronts is a medieval fantasy nation RPG forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

General Discussion

Go down 
+12
Aspen
Merenaz
Caexi
Zhufor
Rambo'neil
Bynaar
Thor
Ezria
Jaymes
Talis
Sage of Mirrors
Mille Sessau
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 22 ... 36  Next
AuthorMessage
Jaymes

Jaymes

General Discussion - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 6:28 am

Not those in the feild the ones at home. And will the update effect the current battle or will we still be able to, in this battle use our LI as before and then implant the update after that?
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 7:02 pm

Knew it was me lol, but first actual battle in this game, Generally they had cav charges and infantry follow to take up the front and let the cav break off in old days yes? Trying that out here in fantasy didn't work obviously.

Question about the battle. According to the numbers I still got LC on my right but it's gonna fall real fast correct. Also wondering how Ezria HC can charge again. They were engaged the whole time by LI so no complete disengagement to allow them to charge or could my HC could have 'charged' the middle of the Erzia line again as well?

Also where exactly are my HC because they couldn't have been stopped by the LI of Erzia because those went to the flanks so they'd have engaged the LC not the HC correct? Post says they assualted HC could maybe a map be added? Much better when I see things, terribly sorry.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 10:21 am

Ezria's Heavy Cavalry never charged again.

EDIT: Sorry about the lack of update. Stuff is taking longer than I thought, I'm about 85% done.

And I'll get the rest of the Day-to-Day's up soon
Back to top Go down
http://warringfronts.forumotion.com
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 3:17 pm

Population updates are out, check'em out!

ModMarks for Merenaz, Karag Mor and Ever-Winter are coming shortly!
Back to top Go down
Caexi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 12:32 pm

To all those who need Mod Marks, since Theo wasn't able to get them up yesterday then I will do them. Just bare with me since I have to go through and read yalls D2D posts.
Back to top Go down
Aspen

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 1:41 pm

Hey, I've been making progress on my people, and I should have a nation up sometime this weekend. Sorry for the wait; school is back in session here, and I no longer have the time to work on RP stuff as much as usual.

Talis, a new person has applied to Warping Empires, and s/he may or may not become argumentative over a request for forum improvement I just denied. If push comes to shove, I may need your help, though at the moment there is no cause for concern. Regardless, I would appreciate it if you checked in on WE every day for oversight so no one (including myself) gets out of hand.

And to everyone, if you wouldn't mind, I would also very much appreciate it if we could keep things up on WE, at least at a slower pace. One new forum doesn't have to be the death of another, does it?
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 2:24 pm

Honestly things seem to have slowed to a crawl on WE. I haven't even been added to the map yet despite my request and that was over two weeks ago, so I don't know really what to say about that. Also, on WE do we add our own military points each / population updates or do mods take care of that?
Back to top Go down
Bynaar

Bynaar

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 6:13 pm

Technically mods add it, but the guy doing the population hasn't really been on I think. I believe I have to remind the person doing the map to actually do it. And my nation still needs a modmark after 6 months -.-
I'd like to get back into WE, but thing are just too slow and the mods aren't active enough. I'm a mod, but I'm just gonna say right here that I'd be terrible at doing modmarks for other nations. Right now I don't exactly have much time to rp anyways.

Anyways, I'll finish up my nation sometime in the next few days if I don't get too much work (may have some extra time today to finish it, not sure), but I'll be gone friday to sunday afternoon.
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 6:41 pm

I wonder if that Orin guy on WE is the same Nightshade person that was on here. He seems to be offering a crapload of ideas that usually go against the Forum. xD
Back to top Go down
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 11:15 pm

Maybe, maybe not. I'm confident I can handle him though.

I thought Jaymes had made a mistake in that battle, couldn't be sure though. You lost a lot earlier than you thought though, failing to utilize your superior numbers. Hitting the opponent with a cavalry charge before using your infantry was an improper use of resources. You should've spread out your line, with heavy infantry in the middle and cavalry on the flanks, and only kept a couple companies in reserve. With a wide line the Ezerians would have been forced to either spread out their line to meet yours (their forces get pulled thing, heavy infantry break through) or hunker down in the center (Ezerian army is surrounded and beaten down).
Back to top Go down
Bynaar

Bynaar

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 11:38 pm

Alright, done with my nation.
Back to top Go down
Caexi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 9:07 am

Alright Bynaar, I'll take a look at it.

I am doing Mod Marks today, though yall didn't give us much to work off of -wink-. Karag yours is up, gave you a nice little encounter. Also as a note to everyone, please don't decide things in your D2Ds that falls into the Mods job.

Example: Say you send out a diplomatic party to another kingdom and post that they meet the people of that kingdom.

The meeting between peoples are in the Mods job for the Moderation Marks. We might want to do something with the that diplomatic party or scouts or explorers etc. I am not saying this to be a pain or to try and slow things down, but it just allows us some material to work off when things are left open. If you want us to have them go to a particular kingdom than PM us and we'll get them there, but remember for new kingdoms you might know that there are other places out there but not where.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 9:11 am

Lol that was gonna be my plan but I wanted to see if a Cav charge with infantry moving in would have worked. Also wanna know if these Cav act more like Fantasy Books make 'em out to be or real live cav hench the charge instead of the infantry line. Sure Infantry Line would have worked out better what with my Veteran HI kinda a no brainer but wouldn't see what happens as well regarding cav which is apparent wins hands down.

Got a company of HI and two of LI facing a HC company on both flanks and not a whole lot is happening there. You'd think 3:1 odds people be getting pulled off horses, legs of horses be cut to ribbons, ect. Horses are bigger so more infantry can get around 'em front lines even if equal numbers just the infantry would be spread out more, that's why I tried pulled my own HC out of the front but if I'd have left them they'd probably just keep killing away and get about the same amount as Ezria's HC on my flanks.

These are things I wouldn't know if I had done the simple and better strategy, especially seeing as I'm an infantry heavy nation as well as having Veteran Heavy Infantry.
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 9:16 am

The thing is I don't think you completed the manuever to cut my cavalry off. My interpretation of the moderation was that your units got confused, tangled, and jumbled together and then all hell broke loose when my Light Infantry jumped in from the sky. Granted, there should've been greater clarification but I don't think my heavy cavalry were completely encircled like you envisioned. Which is why a map or explanation as to where units are would be great.
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 9:26 am

Your Cav though is engaged the whole time by two companies of LI a peice without my HI though. And your HC would have never be completly encircled at the most it'd be 3/4's engaged with their rear open for a possible retreat (best case secenario with my HC arriving worst case it's just engaged by LI and if HI did what they were suppose to the engaged in the front and their what left aginst my LI?).

I agree though a Map or nice explanation would do wonders.
Back to top Go down
Caexi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 10:50 am

Alright I am going to be heading back home from work and will continue with the mod marks, hopefully finishing up my kingdom in turn. Merenaz your mod mark I am almost finished with so that should be up shortly.
Back to top Go down
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 11:29 am

I've god a D2D or two coming later today. One will be working on my new colony, but the other will have some exploration. I want to start trading already.
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 8:01 pm

What do you guys think of this flag?

General Discussion - Page 9 Blackflag

Back to top Go down
Caexi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 8:22 am

Looks cool Ezria. Also Ever-Winter I should have you mod mark up sometime this afternoon. I got kinda burnt out after writing two pages for Karag Mor and Merenaz each yesterday.
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 8:49 am

No problem Caexi. You gonna be getting a nation soon btw?
Back to top Go down
Caexi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 10:08 am

Yeah once I get around to finishing up my descriptions and make sure there is nothing I want to change after Theo's update.

Edit: Alright Jaymes I am kinda stuck on your Mod Mark because it seems Theo has already started something with your kingdom, and not sure where he was going with it.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 8:33 pm

Baaaaack!

Skiing in Colorado was a blast, I'm crashing now but I'll be on the site tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
Bynaar

Bynaar

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 8:47 pm

May get up a post tonight, if not, I'll probably see you guys Sunday night.
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 10:51 am

w00t next mod mark i can finally throw in these friggin' reinforcements. >/

EDIT: Greaat more dwarves to fight. x.x
Back to top Go down
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 7:22 pm

Indeed. Your first victory is also the herald of more difficulties to come. Even as you throw back the dwarven army there will be two more coming at you. Tough fight. I do wonder how Ezeria will fare in all this.

I can't wait for Shidrus to actually make contact with some other countries. I'm really curious how their trade will affect other peoples. Soon I shall begin meddling in everyone's business.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Discussion
Page 9 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 22 ... 36  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warring Fronts RPG Forum :: General :: General Discussion-
Jump to: