Warring Fronts RPG Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warring Fronts RPG Forum

Warring Fronts is a medieval fantasy nation RPG forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

General Discussion

Go down 
+12
Aspen
Merenaz
Caexi
Zhufor
Rambo'neil
Bynaar
Thor
Ezria
Jaymes
Talis
Sage of Mirrors
Mille Sessau
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 22 ... 36  Next
AuthorMessage
Mille Sessau
Admin

General Discussion - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 6:27 pm

A wise point Zhufor, I wouldn't be surprised if the Ezrians pleaded their case anyway. To be honest with you, Mille Sessau would help the Dwarves before they helped Ezria, but NOBODY KNOWS THAT! >Neutral

The scales have also been changed.

It was a two day march to Agrina from the entrance of Ever-Winter. The scale on the map indicates that from Agrina to Coronne would be like 14 days march, but really like 9 since the new roads the Ezrians built.

and on paper Ezria is THE SUPERPOWER on the continent right now.
Back to top Go down
http://warringfronts.forumotion.com
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 6:29 pm

And then the Avian's history with humans before. I mean big old war were humans lost and the Avians won but only after their inner conflicts ended. But who knows why maybe they want the supposed riches of the dwarven undermountain kingdoms yes?

Hey with this new map can we position our cities and the like in IDK Paint and you put them on the map and what not for us and maybe put a scale on the map as well for like land travel/sea travel?
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 6:37 pm

Agreed, it would be an unlikely alliance BUT again in the face of a greater danger, common enemies will ally to take care of a bigger threat. In this case a combined Dwarven force that outnumbers everyone on the continent put together. Just look at the Soviet / US alliance during WWII to knock off Hitler. Not that the Dwarves are Hitler (well maybe, funny beards and moustaches) juuust sayin'.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 6:39 pm

Ionno about the numbers but even

Kingdom of Ezria / Merenaz Caliphate / Empire of Mille Sessau vs Hold of Karag Mor / Republic of Ever-Winter is NOT a war that I would even want to see.

It'd just be huge and bloody and prolonged. :/

MEANWHILE ..

Shidrus establishes 174 more colonies and collects 1,426 Economic Points a turn.
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 6:40 pm

LMAO. We'll see what happens, i'm looking to inflict a nasty decisive defeat here. Hopefully it'll demoralize the hell out of the dwarves and let me sue for peace on my terms. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 6:49 pm

Peace, the dwarves won't stop this time. Your scouts assualted the dwarves and the dwarves wouldn't back out so quickly not after a defeat. Their Honor would demand they end the war on a good note. Not a bad one such as defeat. I mean only reason they stopped last time was because a third party entered into the war and they didn't want to fight two peoples.

Lol, but think I got an idea for my next battle post. Will see about writing it but gotta get off internet and write it cuz internet is still screwy.
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 6:50 pm

TECHNICALLY if you look at the mod mark that Theo did, your guys jumped mine unprovoked.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 6:51 pm

It's rather hazy on what exactly happened. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 6:53 pm

Technically to the dwarves you started it they'll finish it. To the Avians though I'd suspect the Dwarves started it and your finishing it. And Avians scouts were flying so clearly they had to land to engage in peacefully dwarves. LOL Smile
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 6:54 pm

Ezria, Karag Mor and Ever-Winter. ModMarks on Saturday! Thank you for your patience!
Back to top Go down
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 7:13 pm

We'd do much worse than that, Theo. Shidrus would start using its neutral status and financial leverage to gain trade advantages and prolong the combat. When the dust settles you won't be able to buy a candle without some of that money going to the guilds.

and as for the new map... biggest problem I see is that it largely invalidates the "Masters of the Realm" trait. I'll admit, I personally really liked the mountainous system. Do you know how to use GIMP or another art program with layers? If you used something like that you could put the national borders in a separate art layer and edit them without messing up the rest of the map.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 7:16 pm

Masters of the Realm would work in the set of establishment. Like, we can already tell that Ezrian is not DESERT by the description. Thus, no bonus for Merenaz.

And although Shidrus is going to out colonize Mille Sessau, I'm going to get the Louisiana Purchase version of a colony and have a huge ass colony with nobody in it and sell it to Ezria for money later! Hahahaha.
Back to top Go down
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 7:19 pm

Except that Napoleon got pennies on the dollar for that purchase, and we would've just taken it anyway if he hadn't sold it. I imagine Ezeria will take one look at the empty land, say "you're not using it," and simply move in. It's not like you'd be able to defend it very easily.

Shidrus uses more of the British style colonization; take strategic trading points, harbors, and valuable resources, then use them as a staging ground for larger trade.
Back to top Go down
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 7:28 pm

oh, and you do realize that you really screwed up my colonization plans, right? I didn't take that colony for the stone, I took it because it was a strategic position on the map. The tip of the eastern continent was half way between Shidrus and the rest of the map. Plus, it gave me strategic control of the strait between the western and eastern continents. I wouldn't put my colony where it is now even if there was stone there.

So, considering this, would it be possible to move my colony to somewhere that matches Shidrus' strategic intentions? I'd really love to take over that island right in front of the eastern strait; immediate control of the strait from that position, plus easy defense via naval ships. If that won't work the northern tip of the peninsula on the continent the colony's on now would work (its right in the middle of the map).
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 7:33 pm

I'll give you the island, sir!

It'll be Aquaculture though than, not Stone.

Oui?
Back to top Go down
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 7:54 pm

I figured I was getting aquaculture anyway since it was close by, but sure. The strategic value of that island is well worth the trade.
Back to top Go down
Caexi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 10:04 am

So I have been working like a dog and been trying to keep up with everything on here while waiting for the update.

Theo, if you need help with the map then I can handle it with whatever you choose to use. I have photoshop which allows me to use layers and makes it easier to expand kingdoms or remove inactive ones.
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 11:01 am

Lol 2:1 against Avians vs my LC but 5:1 against Dwarves vs ur HC. Banking that my LC can hold out while your HC get demolished enough to reposition my own troops. Can't wait till the mod mark tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 11:05 am

Meh, i'm taking into account that the Dwarves would need time to reposition since the battle lines were extremly cramped close together. Pluus their heavy cavalry, so they should be able to hopefully hold their own at least for a mod mark until I can send in the cavalry..literally when Hulagu gets there. lmao.
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 11:33 am

True but the Light Infantry and HI of the dwarves didn't have to move to far only the HC would be really tagled to get into position the others not that much movement. and my bad wasn't 5:1 was 4:1 lol but without the Cav probably just 3:1 but vetern HI should be able to make it a pretty feirce fight with the HC I would hope throw in two companies of LI then maybe I'll kill 'em and cut the horses legs out from under them similar to what you plan on doing to my LC with your LI/LC companies. Tomorrow needs to hurry up. lol.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 11:49 am

The Battle of Agrina is basically over.

Someone made a mistake that will cost them the battle, I won't tell who though! Not until tomorrow! Very Happy

I have practice in the morning than the ModMarks will all be up.
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 1:51 pm

I'm betting it's me with my re-deployment -_- and no fair that you get to know and we don't before hand Sad

But this asian is hoping it's Ezria! All my units can't be engaged in battle because of not all could fight so some gotta be able to make pin cusions outta those birds when the leave the ground and when they land cuz that's the only time they're in range. And hoping my LC will fair better then his HC because they'll be fighting two fronts (hopefully depending on worlds mod though naturally because I always try to leave my posts as neutral regarding the battle without clear intentions). Come on Honorable trait make my units hold out lol! Though honestly I can't remember what Erzia has coming via reinforcements...hope they got delayed en route somehow...

I got a back up plan if I lose this one but if I get forced to retreat though do I become the defender and Erzia becomes the attacker? (meaning he posts first and then me second now? hope so.)
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 2:08 pm

I've got nearly 3,000 men coming as reinforcements. 600 heavy cav, 700 light cav, 1,300 heavy infantry. I'm worried that i'm the one who made the mistake by not reinforcing my heavy cavalry. But then again, they can always fall back (you never did cut them off completely) and i have more reinforcements on the way. I just dunno. OR it could be that you somehow break through my center line but we're about even in terms of heavy infantry on that front. Gaaah, suspense is killing me. =(
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 2:16 pm

Yep I couldn't afford to cut you off completly. If I did it'd be like a company on each front two of them being LI companies and a HC would just run right over that I guessed even if weakened so hoping that cutting loose when you got three probably just two fronts will make it difficult for you. But then you also pointed out that I'm crowded which I was and if they didn't reposition correctly that could cause endless problems for me. Next time I know how to rectify that...no cav charge straight to the middle, although I liked the result causes for some definate confusion on sorting out ranks...guess we learn as we go...

EDIT: And who knows what our rebels and outlaws will do while large portions of our armies are away in the field. Our own D2D mod marks will be another nice little surprise waiting to happen and sucker punch us when we aren't lookin.

EDIT 2: Hold up, when'd we get skirmishers!?!? You The World can I convert some of my LI companies into Skirmishers with this population update. I didn't know we got a new unit basically for archers!! That's flippin amazin!!
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 10:11 pm

You can buy them Jaymes, but no conversion in the field man. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Discussion
Page 8 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 22 ... 36  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warring Fronts RPG Forum :: General :: General Discussion-
Jump to: