Warring Fronts RPG Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warring Fronts RPG Forum

Warring Fronts is a medieval fantasy nation RPG forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Questions / Suggestions

Go down 
+7
Zhufor
Bynaar
Rambo'neil
Ezria
Talis
Jaymes
Mille Sessau
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Mille Sessau
Admin

Questions / Suggestions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 6:29 pm

Best to do without it, man.
Back to top Go down
http://warringfronts.forumotion.com
Bynaar

Bynaar

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 6:32 pm

Fine with me. Thanks anyways.
Back to top Go down
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 6:32 pm

Generally one uses traits to express a unique aspect of your culture. Just because Demonology counts under Arcane Understanding and is "Magic" doesn't mean it has to be magic. I suggest you take the Arcane Understanding trait and use demonology, but when you go into the fluff, backstory, and culture of your kingdom have demonology take the form of a more mystic religion. Your Mages could be Priests, for example, and instead of teaching magic at academies they might teach it at temples. Don't let the stereotypical version of a trait stop you from using it in an inventive manner.
Back to top Go down
Bynaar

Bynaar

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 6:39 pm

True. My idea was to go for the slavery trait. In addition, my idea was that everyone more or less had no connection to magic, just the ability to ask for help from beings of another world (without knowing whether it would be answered). Gave me some ideas though. I guess I misread the Arcane Understanding trait.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 6:41 pm

I almost want to make Arcane Understanding a Military Trait as I have a few more ideas for better National Traits.

THOUGHTS?!
Back to top Go down
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 6:43 pm

As it is now, I would entirely back that decision. Arcane understanding is military, it changes things militarily, and I'm not sure it has enough merit to take up two traits.

However, that's because the Arcane Understanding trait as it is now is largely military. I could also see it as a national trait if you were to add some spells that would be useful outside of combat.
Back to top Go down
Bynaar

Bynaar

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 6:46 pm

I would go for that. After rereading the trait I wouldn't know why it would replace a military trait while still being National. The trait doesn't really give anything except fluff and additions for the military.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 6:47 pm

Well all the Magic Schools have at least one non-combative spell ; like Scrying, Wither Vegetation, et cetera.

Magic sensitivity is just a big deal that I think encompasses a lot of a kingdom's culture.

I'm brooding on it, and with that being said. Shoot me some of your National Trait ideas if you have any.
Back to top Go down
Bynaar

Bynaar

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 6:49 pm

I'll think up a couple, will get back to you later if I think they are good enough.
Back to top Go down
Zhufor

Zhufor

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 12:50 am

I think a Thread or Section where people could post specific things about their nation would be useful, like the Military Thread in Warping Empires. It would allow people to differentiate their people with another whom share the same race.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 12:53 am

I have the Military Units thread and the Timeline Thread!
Back to top Go down
Zhufor

Zhufor

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 1:14 am

Oooh, fun! **Runs off to post.**
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 7:34 am

Yay a battle, but do I list my troops that are off marching to war or can I just write the amount of soldiers leaving the undermountain kingdom and not their composition this way it's stated at your mod mark. Like as the summery of the first post be like idk how many soldiers I have but say its 2000 left the south entrance to engage the avians or something random like that. Can I do that and then in the mod mark you write down what the force actually is made of that way it's a mystery? Naturally I'd still include enough detail for Ezria to have a decent post if he sees my force but even then his scouts wouldn't tarry too long to figure the exact amount but a rough estimate yes?

I didn't even read the battle mark (didn't know it was there) till after I replied to your PM. I wouldn have definately had a different force otherwise lol good thing I didn't because then I'd be a gay wad yea know. Gosh darn mountains screwing up my horsies lol
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 7:35 am

To be honest, I listed the composition of my forces. Lmao, it's only fair.
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 7:57 am

U have? Thought it was just for your eastern front that you did. In that case though I'll do the same though my posts will suck in comparision to yours lol.
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 7:59 am

Yeppers, look in my D2D posts. Battle Master Kulash has 300 heavy infantry, 300 light infantry, and 100 heavy cavalry searching for the entrance to the dwarven kingdom. He doesn't know yet he's going to run into a massive horde of dwarves though. XD and shut up! You post great man.
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 8:03 am

So like how would the opening post go. says my forces are scattered throughout the realm would it be them gathering at the south entrance. I mean if they're scattered I don't want them march off in peice mail yea know. And do I have to bring like caravans with food or something like that on the march or do the soldiers carry their own or is it up to my discretion?

Thanks, that wasn't your eastern force shoot I gotta re-read junk lol I obviously am horrible at paying attention to others realms.

And yea my force is much larger then that. it's half of every unit except seige stuff. Only brought a battering ram cuz I mean who brings catapults or seige towers up a mountain.
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 8:07 am

The opening posts are just detailing your movements (the dwarves venturing out of their mountain stronghold) and composition of your troops. And I imagine a large army like that would have a considerable supply train behind it, especially if it's on a mission of conquest. It's gonna have civilians with wagons, etc as obviously troops need to be fed, their weapons need to be maintanied, the list goes on. Think of your army as a moving city. Since your army is scattered you just have to detail where your mobilizing them from and where your going to redeploy them to cover both entrances to your Knigdom. Like for example you could say your using the garrison from your capital city as part of the invasion force.
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 8:34 am

Ah thank you Kingdom of Ezria. I'll get to writing it though I'm going to lunch with my mother and sister (who arrived yesturday from overseas) so probably be posted around 2ish today if I don't get it posted before I gotta leave to meet them for lunch.

EDIT: Can't post in the war thread because only Administrators can post currently.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 9:01 am

Fixed. Post away! Just be sure to post your troop composition in the thread.
Back to top Go down
Bynaar

Bynaar

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 6:42 pm

Just Wondering, my nation that I will post once it's ready will have -2 CP generation a week...
I guess I won't be able to do much culturally...

Can the bottom line generation of CP be 1 even if you technically shouldn't gain any? (Edit: 0 would be fine though)

Edit 2: If my CP is -2 Does this mean I will not gain any CP until my CP generation increases by 3?
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 9:41 pm

The bottom line is 0.
Back to top Go down
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 9:50 pm

So he'd just be stuck at 0 unless he finds another way to improve it? Or would he decrease back down to 0 if he got a temporary boost?
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 9:51 pm

LOTS TO DO. Listen up.

If you had Mercantilism or Trade Society as an Economy Trait you may change your standing Economic Trait. The first has been changed, the second has been deleted

I still need ideas for a new National Trait and Economic Trait.

EDIT: What kind of temporary boost?
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 7:34 am

So when those of us who had merchantilism change our trait our EP will change to reflect the change yes? I've really only got two options for me. Taxtation or Economic Nationalism. Either one would work for my nation Serfdom wouldn't though nor would Heavy Resourcing. Have you figured out what Economic Industry will be I'd like to see it before selecting Taxtation or Economic Nationalism.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Questions / Suggestions
Page 2 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next