Warring Fronts RPG Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warring Fronts RPG Forum

Warring Fronts is a medieval fantasy nation RPG forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Questions / Suggestions

Go down 
+7
Zhufor
Bynaar
Rambo'neil
Ezria
Talis
Jaymes
Mille Sessau
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Mille Sessau
Admin

Questions / Suggestions - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 12:29 pm

I'm not opposed to it. Thoughts anyone else?
Back to top Go down
http://warringfronts.forumotion.com
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 2:09 pm

Sounds good to me. Also, how long has the Avian-Dwarf war been going on up to this point? I mean I know it says Day 6 but in Jaymes mod marks two months have passed..soo, how long roughly do you think?
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 2:34 pm

I'm going to alter some of the ModMark days. 2 months would sound about right.
Back to top Go down
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 2:46 pm

Putting multiple requirements on certain troop types is too much of a headache. Cavalry archers should require horses, same as other cavalry. I'm not sure there's as much justification for using cavalry archers and light cavalry as there is for using skirmishers and infantry though. Most historical light cavalry used bows of some type.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 2:53 pm

Equites (Roman Cavalry), Companion Cavalry (Macedonian Cavalry),Hippeis (Greek Cavalry) and Rashidun Cavalry (Arabian Cavalry of the Arab Empire) did not use bows.

However, that being said. Should I make a "Cavalry Archer" unit or what?
Back to top Go down
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 2:57 pm

Point made, although I would point out that in the ancient time period the lack of saddles and stirrups meant there was very little distinction between light and heavy cavalry.

Still, cavalry archers would be quite fun. I'm already imagining mongol hordes running around the forum shooting people with impunity.
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 3:57 pm

Theo if I spread Ezrian culture to that of the Elves will that make happiness in Shurmanda go up?
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 6:48 pm

Yes. All Cultural Activities give immediate Happiness bonuses. So it's a way to counteract the unhappiness for now.
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 3:21 pm

Building a major religious structure increases happiness in all cities right, not just where the structure is built?
Back to top Go down
Caexi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 9:45 pm

So here is a question I just thought of while contemplating the resources. Do Iron, Mithril, and Horses [I think those are the only ones that have unit maxes] have a 10 unit per node or per week max?
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 10:04 pm

Yes Ezria.

No Caexi, that's a general limit, not per week.
Back to top Go down
Caexi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 1:21 am

Gotcha...So another question since I was going over the resources since a friend of mine is making a kingdom.

Question 1:
Was looking at my updates and you have me down for 42/20 for the iron. I am assuming the 42 is the number of units I have using iron and the 20 being what?

Question 2:
Since a metal has a requirement on Swordsman, does that mean the node becomes useless if you have 10 Swordsmen companies or can you have 10 swordsmen companies with iron and purchase whatever with the other units using say iron as well?

Question 3:
Noticed that under the economics, you have gotten rid of what each resource produces in EP if being traded. Does this mean that the economic points remain the same whether being traded or not? Example: Stone Node produces +2 EP, Traded Stone Node produces +3 EP.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 5:32 am

[quote="Caexi"]Gotcha...So another question since I was going over the resources since a friend of mine is making a kingdom.

Quote :
Question 1:
Was looking at my updates and you have me down for 42/20 for the iron. I am assuming the 42 is the number of units I have using iron and the 20 being what?

42/20 means this.

You have 42 units that require Iron. You can currently maintain 20 unit that's maintain Iron. That means you cannot purchase any Iron required units until you fall between your limit. Yours should actually be 10 though, not 20.

Quote :
Question 2:
Since a metal has a requirement on Swordsman, does that mean the node becomes useless if you have 10 Swordsmen companies or can you have 10 swordsmen companies with iron and purchase whatever with the other units using say iron as well?

No, that means current mining operations on the node can only support 10 units at a time. So, Caexi for example can support 10 Iron units. If I kill one of them, you drop to 9/10 and can build another back up to 10/10. The only exception to this, which I need to document is that Heavy Cavalry requires Horses (which it takes as an upkeep 1/20, 2/20) and access to Iron, but it doesn't require upkeep for Iron, just access to it.

Quote :
Question 3:
Noticed that under the economics, you have gotten rid of what each resource produces in EP if being traded. Does this mean that the economic points remain the same whether being traded or not? Example: Stone Node produces +2 EP, Traded Stone Node produces +3 EP.

All resource generated points are halved when traded.

If Furs make +4 cultural for Sessau, than if I trade them to Ezria they generate +2 to me and +2 to him. That's not withstanding how much he's paying for those furs.

The baseline is +1 and it never drops.

So if Caexi has Stone and it's generating +2 EP to you, and you trade it to Shidrus. It generates +1 EP for you, +1 EP for him, and he gets access to Stone.

For military resources, it halves the limits.

If Caexi has mithril and you trade it to Shidrus, you can now support 5 Mithril units and Shidrus can support 5 Mithril units, and you get whatever he is paying you with it, or whatever resource he's trading Mithril for you with.
Back to top Go down
Caexi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 10:34 am

Alright so having the iron or mithril sources then should be 'can support only 10 land base units' instead? Or at least that is what my understanding is from your explanation.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 10:38 am

Yes. Caexi, you have Mithril.

You can only have ; at any ONE time. ten units that have mithril weapons.

That can be

5 Swordsman / 5 Heavy Cavalry.

2 Skirmishers / 3 Swordsman / 2 Light Cavalry / 3 Heavy Cavalry.

10 Heavy Cavalry. Blahblahblah.

Only ten at any one time. If I kill one of your mithril units, it drops to 9/10 and you can buy another Mithril unit.
Back to top Go down
Caexi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 10:44 am

Yes I know that. But for Iron and Mithril you have:

* For every ONE Iron [Mithril] Resource Node, you can support 10 Swordsman Companies unless being traded.

The swordsman comapnies needs to just changed to military or land based companies so its not confusing, unless you have already done that.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 10:47 am

I changed it. Yes sir! ModMark Ezria's Set Piece and do a D2D so we can get out war and/or diplomacy going!
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 5:07 pm

Can Trade Guild offices can be established in cities outside the country? Like if I wanted to set up guild offices in Mille Sessau, i could still collect the benefits from it, right?
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 8:01 pm

Yes but Mille Sessau would have to allow it. You can't just start setting Trade Houses in other kingdoms without the kingdom allowing it.
Back to top Go down
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 8:15 pm

Speaking of the Trade Guild feat, I was wondering: in the description it says that you start with one in your capital, and that every city gives an EP bonus. What I'm wondering is, do you start with trade guilds in all your initial cities, or do you have to put them there?

It would be kind of odd to have to expand in your own kingdom, especially in my case since the guilds are the government. Maybe you simply can't get an EP bonus for your own cities beyond the capital?
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 8:20 pm

I'll brood on it.

Sal Mishlan is about to die. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 8:24 pm

What? He's like twenty feet from the ship and has guards with him. If the lizards tried anything the ship could rain arrows and siege weapons on them. How in hell does someone die in that circumstance?
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 8:28 pm

Ionno if that was your first or second D2D. He's pretty much dead though.
Back to top Go down
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 8:31 pm

Feh, I liked Sal Mishlan. He's my charismatic adventurer knockoff.

. . . although that does make his death at the hand of barbarian natives appropriate for the genre, and the profession.

Should've known you'd never let anything go along easily. You like tormenting people with those modmarks, don't you?
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 8:37 am

Don't think getting ANY of those resources in the archipelago will be even remotely easy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Questions / Suggestions
Page 9 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next