Warring Fronts RPG Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warring Fronts RPG Forum

Warring Fronts is a medieval fantasy nation RPG forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

General Discussion

Go down 
+12
Aspen
Merenaz
Caexi
Zhufor
Rambo'neil
Bynaar
Thor
Ezria
Jaymes
Talis
Sage of Mirrors
Mille Sessau
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20 ... 36  Next
AuthorMessage
Mille Sessau
Admin

General Discussion - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 2:23 pm

Is that not how most nations are? nations that have been around for thousands of years are more powerful than nations that just started.

Maybe it could be that once you more than 1 unlocked, you can only have 1 in use at a time or something.
Back to top Go down
http://warringfronts.forumotion.com
Rambo'neil

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 3:03 pm

Dude it's like that by default and in real life. With a benefits tradeoff it boils down to who is the better commander instead of just brute force.

a galleon can stand off in deep water and shoot at a bunch of galleys but if it tries to get closer and damage the transports the galleys turn on it and its over whereas with just raw power its over anyway. on the flip side the galleon can do a lot of damage to the galleys and reestablish naval might in that area when the land forces get to cover and the galleys are forced to retreat.
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 3:35 pm

What are you talking about Rambo? scratch
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 3:42 pm

Anybody have any opinions on the new system I've been tinkering with?
Back to top Go down
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 3:54 pm

I like the principle behind it, but you could screw up a lot of customization. Much of the fun in the traits system is the ability to assign concrete advantages and disadvantages that match the kingdom the player built.

Remember that people play for two reasons:
1. To run a kingdom, connive, politic, and fight with other kingdoms
2. To create a really interesting and fun kingdom and show it off

Your system would work great with #1, but you have to make sure it doesn't step on the toes of #2. Consider my own kingdom, the Union of Shidrus, as an example. If I use the Union, I can say now that some of the aspects that stem from the Economic tree just don't fit, not to mention the fact that Shidrus is already ruled by commerce guilds, so it makes little sense for them to be at the top of the tree.
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 3:58 pm

Oh you and Talis are going back and forth on the whole ship thing right.

And was figuring a way to say what Talis just said. I ditto him. Like the custimization aspect of the current system.
Back to top Go down
Rambo'neil

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 4:25 pm

still need a flagship and i already said i can't ... RP ... oars ... just cant.

besides, with the current ships, it just boils down to who is bigger, badder and meaner, not who can think tactically when the odds have been stacked
Back to top Go down
Bynaar

Bynaar

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 4:57 pm

I like both systems, but would prefer the system we have currently. Maybe we could implement where you can replace one trait with another within a section for 75 CP? You wouldn't have to, but it's your choice if you have the ability. Changing a trait will have positive and negative impacts on a kingdom. In addition, maybe make it so you can purchase a new trait for 150, like no replacing. Not sure about purchasing a new one without replacing it, but I definitely like the idea of replacing a trait if you have the CP and if you want to.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 5:29 pm

Here are my problems with our current system.

1. It is stagnate. It never changes. I'll use the Union of Shidrus as an example. It will always have the same traits and government. Even in six months it will be the same exact kingdom. That's not how it works! This new system promotes change, but it's change you yourself can fabricate.

2. I think you are a little confused Talis, you get to pick the traits you use. Obviously the Union of Shidrus would pick the Commerce tree as one of it's two trees, once you unlock Commerce Guilds you can stick with that one, or change accordingly.
Back to top Go down
Bynaar

Bynaar

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 7:17 pm

How many trees do we start with? We have 10 total, I like the idea of 3, though I guess you said 2 there, so...

One thing that I don't like, is that we don't start out with the traits we want. Some of the things that describe my kingdom I won't be able to have to start with, which I think is kinda stupid.
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 9:45 pm

So I had a nice little D2D post but it got lost -_- not very happy about it but can't do nothing so might post in the morning tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Zhufor

Zhufor

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 9:03 am

Making a post on another forum of mine to see if I can't get us more members.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 9:05 am

Excellent!
Back to top Go down
Zhufor

Zhufor

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 9:22 am

Take a look if you want to see what I'm throwing at them. If you got any ideas for the FAQ or something else, throw them out and I'll edit.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Zhufor on Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 9:25 am

I'd flesh out Economic Points (money) and Cultural Points (culture), but otherwise it looks good! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Zhufor

Zhufor

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 9:26 am

What exactly do you want me to have it say?
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 9:28 am

Just say, with Economic Points you can bribe others, build constructs within your kingdom, et cetera. Whereas with Cultural Points you can expound your culture on other kingdoms and dominate them socially.
Back to top Go down
Zhufor

Zhufor

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 9:33 am

It is done! I should be able to drag at least one or two over here, probably more. Have to wait for my writer friends to get on.
Back to top Go down
Bynaar

Bynaar

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 6:33 pm

Edit: Um for humans with 2 MP per thousand and despotism gives me 2 MP per thousand, does that add up? It seems overpowered then. I put in my post that it give me 4 MP per thousand because I wasn't sure.
Back to top Go down
Zhufor

Zhufor

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 7:18 pm

Honestly, that is just unfair. 320 MP? That's more then what's physically possible for others. In fact, I believe you have more MP then everyone else combined. And looking through your App, there is no downside really. Something really needs to be nerfed.
Back to top Go down
Bynaar

Bynaar

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 7:21 pm

Yea. Only downside is I'm capped at around 95,000 people, which doesn't matter to me much at this point. I don't think the MP should stack for both despotism and races Mp bonuses. Right now more than 25% of my population is in the military....
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 7:22 pm

Which should make you poor as North Korea..x_x
Back to top Go down
Zhufor

Zhufor

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 7:42 pm

Silly Ezria. His nation has no faults except a pop cap of 95k.
Back to top Go down
Bynaar

Bynaar

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 7:54 pm

North Korea has a standing army of about 1.1 million people. Out of 24 million.
My army is a bit more than 20,000 out of 80,000 people. That's way too much.

Edit: My economy would fail more than NK.
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 7:56 pm

You forgot to mention the reservists and 'people's militias' it can call up. That brings it up by another three million.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Discussion
Page 4 of 36Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20 ... 36  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warring Fronts RPG Forum :: General :: General Discussion-
Jump to: