Warring Fronts RPG Forum

Warring Fronts is a medieval fantasy nation RPG forum.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

General Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20 ... 36  Next
AuthorMessage
Bynaar

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:00 pm

My army still is larger percentage wise.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:01 pm

True enough. XD Oh well, at least your demon rulers will have plenty of misery to feed off of its starving people. I SEE YOUR PLAN NOW!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bynaar

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:03 pm

hahaha xD
It would be more effective if their own people weren't dying and instead were destroying everyone else.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:17 pm

Hey, Theo. I'll take Financing for my new Economic Trait, thank you.

Got a lot of work today, but I'll try and post another D2D or two in a reasonable timespan.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:17 pm

Yo World you put the Light Infantry Casualties in the Light Cavalry area from the battle.

Edit: See I don't need to post in the battle thread. So my camp will set up seeing as there's still light from the 5th/6th and would have been 4th if I posted after Ezria or will it just go back to the other thread?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Caexi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:33 pm

So I will have two apps up in a couple of hours. I can't make a decision on which one to go with so, I'll appreciate the opinions of you all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bynaar

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:42 pm

I'm going to be very busy this week due to school. Will try to get D2D post up as soon as possible. Got an idea for it already.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:07 pm

Clearification for the Avians forces they are marching out of the city that the dwarves don't know about to defend the outlaying area yes? And Battlemaster Cobra's men have marched from the eastern front to the city and continue into the night to the outlaying areas according to the post yes?

Feel sorry for them I mean what with the snow and all, even the LI I mean flying that long has to take it's toll yes. That's why the dwarves stopped. Marched a day and fought a short feirce battle at the end. Not smart for me to press forward.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:25 pm

Studying for my Philosophy and Fiction and Microbiology tests guys. I'll be on tonight or tomorrow to look at apps and do the battle updates.

Get active!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://warringfronts.forumotion.com
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:28 pm

Battlemaster Kulash marched without rest back to Agrina because he was leery of being pursued, but again he's moving without a massive baggage train which enables him to move much faster than a lumbering army. 800 troops flew from the Eastern front, landed briefly in Agrina to pick up more light troops, and then pushed towards Kulash but would turn around and wait to link up with Kulash's troops after hearing of his defeat. They shouldn't be that exhausted, they haven't seen combat and light troops are built to move quickly (and as they are flying, travel time would be cut down considerably).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:09 pm

But didn't the Mod mark before says that Kulash would be hard pressed after linking up with Corba to reach the city before morning meaning traveling all night to reach the outskirts.

And Corba's men received orders to fly to Agrina who been awake since morning, fly to the city then fly out, meet up with kulash and march back to the city or fly back and the mod mark says that they'd be hard pressed to arrive before morning so all night march for both groups. They aren't tired like Kulash's men but not fresh troops from the city.

I'd be in the same boat as Kulash's men but I had the choice to camp unlike his men probably cuz I got lucky and took the hill.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:43 pm

Corba's and Kulash's men will both be tired.

However, they will reach Agrina BEFORE the sun comes up, but just before.

The Dwarven 3rd Legion will not reach Agrina before sundown of the 2nd day.

EDIT:

The Oligarchy of Unao' Si Ti, Kingdom of Mabiya, and some others are all about to hit their inactive margins.
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:38 pm

If were posting in Diplomacy and battles we don't count as inactive do we?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:05 pm

Question, wouldn't the Dwarves stealing, robbing, and probably having to kill local civilians for food go against their honorable trait?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:09 pm

Yes, but they won't be killing or robbing from any local Ezrians.

Also, Day-to-Day and Battle Posts are the only thing that count for activity. You're supposed to post one every twelve days, but if there's not a battle thread than it's just for Day-to-Days'
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:18 pm

People generally don't give up their food and livelihoods willingly, especially farmers. The only way he's going to get food is if he goes after these rural farmsteads is if he robs or kills the owners I imagine. I don't see how otherwise?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:39 pm

Avans wouldn't leave the ppl out on their farms not knowning what the dwarves would do. They'd be in the city is what I was thinking leaving you people out to fend for themselves so won't have to kill anyone.

EDIT: My troops wouldn't foraging around for food in the dark. It's sunset so there's still light just like the slope battle yes? And I wonder if there will be a skirmish between my cav troops and your cav/LI troops Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:52 pm

I posted saying that most of the farmhands had headed for Agrina yeah but depends on what Theo decides. Some might decide to stick around (you know how old people are). So I was curious if it came to that situatian if the dwarves would kill / rob these people? And it's sunset, by the time the dwarves set up camp and sent out troops it has to be close to dark.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:01 pm

They don't need all troops to set up the camp. They have plenty of 'em to do the job so while others set up camp the companies stated go do as their ordered though technically I didn't specify did I so it's left to The World's interpertation yes? Forgot to specify that I wanted the troops up earlier that way the 3rd DL (Dwarven Legion) strikes with the first rays of the sun lol.

And yea that happens to every nation huh. Definately wouldn't kill 'em and stealing don't think they'd do that from ppl who'd stay. Who knows might just talk try talking to 'em to find out about this unknown city, might leave 'em be, might try getting the food with an agreement to pay for it. Mod mark will be interesting.

I'll get to working on a D2D post though. Still having trouble with what to write. Maybe check how many points I have and see if I can't do some minor works like a book or something and then pass it on to the dwarves or search for resources. Definately gotta have some caravans being preped to head out to re-suppuly what the republic hopes to be a successfull attempt at Death Trap Pass. (Like the name? I mean if I had failed to take it and you'd reinforced it the army would have been stopped dead in it's tracks from the southern approach right The World?)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:15 pm

Yeah but even still it's maybe an hour till dark, and foraging takes a long long time to gather food from terrain they are unfamiliar with. The Ezrian's aren't going to hit them as soon as they leave the encampment where they can be reinforced. They are gonna wait till they spread out, get deeper into the country, and then pounce. And yeah I like the name. xD It's catchy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:14 am

Lol, yea I was like what's a good name for that pass. I mean which ever side controlls it with even 1500 men could hold it till reinforcements come due to the way the terrain is and everyone has to go through it, or at least large armies otherwise the dwarves would have used a different path on their map (At least every ground unit besides your light infantry companies that is they can do w/e they want lol and cross bow bolts can only go so high). That's when I thought up that name it's a death trap and it's a pass lol.

EDIT: Can I use Cultural Points in my D2D and have the cost of it at the bottom of the D2D in the summery and it just be taken out or do I have to PM The World or a Moderator before using the Cultural Points or does it matter?

Just a heads up I'm using 4 of my Cultural Points to create a Minor Work of Art in the form of a book in my next D2D post.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:52 pm

Oh dear, I'm starting to see some interesting parallels here. We've got the feudalistic, vaguely French society just getting on its feet, and the newly unified not-quite islamic caliphate, and I happen to be running a vaguely russian/viking colonialist halfling country with imperialistic aspirations. Depending on how things go, we may be getting some very uncomfortable parallels to historical events. Viking invasions of French coasts maybe, or colonialist forcing economic control on arab countries. Or maybe we'll get to see a repeat of the battle of Tours.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:06 pm

I just starter soccer for my university, so things will slow down. updates tomorrow for sure, but I want to see more kingdoms active. Ezria, Ever-Winter and Shidrus are all ahead of the curve though!
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:20 pm

It would be quite awesome to see a halfling named Harald Hardrada start raiding along the coast. Just saying. >_>;
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:23 pm

Lol, you play soccer ugh feel sorry for you lol. Real man's sport is wrestling by far soccer's just a game lol jk jk but nah when you get the chance can you reply to my PM regarding my next D2D post The World. (not wwe stuff but like college/olympic/highscool stuff for wrestling)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   Today at 3:13 pm

Back to top Go down

General Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 36Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20 ... 36  Next