Warring Fronts RPG Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warring Fronts RPG Forum

Warring Fronts is a medieval fantasy nation RPG forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

General Discussion

Go down 
+12
Aspen
Merenaz
Caexi
Zhufor
Rambo'neil
Bynaar
Thor
Ezria
Jaymes
Talis
Sage of Mirrors
Mille Sessau
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 23 ... 36  Next
AuthorMessage
Ezria

General Discussion - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 11:36 am

Well I figured the initiative had switched back to me, so I decided that I should be the one to post first anyway. lmao.
Back to top Go down
Bynaar

Bynaar

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 6:45 pm

Sorry guys, probably won't be able to post till the weekend, and I might get my first D2D done then. Got a a lot of school stuff going on.
Back to top Go down
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 1:17 pm

So let's see, I'll probably get a trade agreement going with Sessua pretty easily, neither of our factions want a war there. Shidrus wants their business and Sessua doesn't want to be cut off from its colony. Caexi will be harder, but they can't exactly hurt me, and business is business.

Meddling with Ezeria and the dwarven kingdoms will be interesting. Despite Ezeria's tactical victory their strategic position is weak. The dwarves have a good defensive position they can strike the Ezerians at will from, Ezeria is facing a 2 on 1 war, and the dwarves will likely find superior resources while the Ezerians are still struggling to get bronze. It would be rather hilarious if Ezeria lost the mountains and became a rump kingdom ruling the old Mabiyan lands.

Of course, I could try propping up Ezeria, inciting the Mabiyans to revolt, or trying to work out a deal with the dwarves. I guess it depends who's the most favorable.
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 1:23 pm

Eh, that's debatable. My economy is supercharged, I haven't seen Zhufor in awhile so who knows where is he and I just handed Everwinter a major defeat, which could furthrer stoke the peace movement in his country. I'll also more than likely have an abudance of cavalry where the Dwarve's will run out very soon and I just expanded my own territory. I should be able to find resources.
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 3:03 pm

Well personally I how Zhufor comes on and continues. Rather not beleive him MIA or left though if he does I'll have an easier time to take over his former dwarven lands seeing as we were already gonna become allies most likely and our people share a lot of similar traits so they not only resemble Ever-Winter but also act, for the most part, in a similar manner unlike the Elves and Avians vice verse if I leave he could just take over the Republic as well far easier due to our vast similarities.

Dwarves would be more prone to finding the metals cuz we're in mountain regions unless your saying the expanded region is mountainous or are those things up to moderator marks because wasn't there a nation north of Ezria and I and they had wood resources and the like?

Cavalry aren't good if your fighting at the pass or in mountain area's. Really think I'm gonna stay there if you come charging out of your city? Heck no, I planed on losing the battle from the get go to help develop my nation RP wise. I mean after 140 years of peace no way they're gonna be brillant tactictions withough the great leadership trait hench the cav charge and the whole blunder of infantry behind them ect.

Anyone have Zhufor's e-mail so I could possibly hit him up about getting on because pretty sure he needs to do a d2d soon cuz it's every like 10 days yea?
Back to top Go down
Zhufor

Zhufor

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 4:54 pm

Oi shlags! Stop assuming that I'm gone when I don't jump on for a week! My life is hectic, I don't always have time to get on! Mad

Anyways, enough of that. Made the post in Negotiations. By the way, question for the Admins. How long do I have to wait for my lovely Warrior Guilds to pop up in other nations? I want those 20 free MP. :3
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 4:59 pm

Wouldn't you have to get permission to build 'em in other nations? Probably might wanna add that into our agreement yes?
Back to top Go down
Caexi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 5:24 pm

I do believe you have to set up a warrior's guild in your d2d post before they are established.
Back to top Go down
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 5:38 pm

Yeah, Ezeria will be a pretty tight spot once both dwarven nations are after it.

Anyway, Theo, I noticed an error on my Nation Stats: I should have three transports in there (the ones I used to colonize Lashid). Two of those transports are being used to fish, so remember that during the update.
Back to top Go down
Zhufor

Zhufor

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 5:38 pm

Alright'y, will do that later. Anyways, yeah, sorry for the leave of absence.
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 5:42 pm

It's Ezria! Not Ezeria, lmao. It depends where they hit, Agrina is nice flatland. Perfect cavalry country and I can always bottle you up in one of the passes. Plus I have the surplus of food from Mabiya to keep my lands going incase you bumrush me at Agrina.
Back to top Go down
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 5:44 pm

What'll you do if Karag Mor marches north while Everwinter pops out of its tunnels? You'd have to split your army to counter both. Two fronts isn't a fun situation to be in.
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 5:49 pm

Meh, he'd run into logistical challenges moving that many troops on the surface, since he has to march through a desert to get to me if he comes surface side. I'd more than likely hire mercs to be honest, i'd have to split my army but i'm not going to do a standup fight. I'm going to slow his pace to a crawl in a series of delaying actions until I can deal with Everwinter. I'm hoping that it won't come to that though, I'm going to deliver my peace terms to Everwinter and hope that internal dissent caused by the election takes him out of the war if Karag attacks.
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 6:09 pm

Lmao, don't forget what traits and race I am. Honorable so they have tradditions and wouldn't dishonor their ancestors memory by agreeing to accept peace after a set back. Their Ancestors of the 1st and 2nd Dwarven Legion didn't stop after set backs but when another people entered the war which could have turned out to be a 3 way free for all if they had found out. They're stubborn so according to this * Dwarves have lowered diplomacy with kingdoms that they have a bad or shaky history with. highly unlikly that they'll come to agree to peace and when those troops get to the Republic they'll learn that the Avian's lied about the loses further enhancing the chance that they'll continue the war. Hopefully the mod mark say when the dwarve return too.

And the Hold of Karag Mor have no desert they had to travel through a desert of unoccupied space between the two dwarven nations due to the last map don't think there'd be a desert now that this is no land seperating our nations. If there are the Republic would ensure that their troops got restocked once they crossed it if a desert it there anymore.

Can't wait to see mod marks for Ezria, Ever-Winter, and our battle to see what happens to my parties searching for junk, Ezria with their troops going to Elves and my front mostly, and if my dwarves get to the republic like Avian Diplomates in half a day who had to go around the army though rock country.
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 6:11 pm

The only thing I lied about was that the Ezrian army was preparing to finish off the Dwarven troops. The 3rd Legion lost thousands of troops, so it's a pretty accurate statement what Batyn said..and they did suffer a pretty nasty defeat.
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 6:19 pm

The Dwarve's are gonna go down as the biggest bunch of bitches though if Karag enters the war. It'll take two of ya'll to kill me, and it's a fair fight already. Where's the honor in that? Lmao.
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 6:27 pm

I just did the math. We've both lost around 1850 troops each. That's how many you lost actually and I lost 1841. Honestly it is a fair fight due to our selected traits, but that's your opinion, you think the dwarves will send out a full force against you from the Republic, nope but with you positioning so many troops in Elves and against me something really bad has to happen for me or for you hard to tell but we'll find out soon enough. As soon as you reply to negotiations I will as well.
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 6:29 pm

Umm, it won't be a fair fight when thousands of Karag's troops attack. You'll have me outnumbered what two or three to one? Lmao. And I replied in the thread.
Back to top Go down
Zhufor

Zhufor

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 6:39 pm

First of all, both of you are getting way to cereal.

Second of all, it's not dishonorable to join a Kinsmen in battle against a hated foe. That's like saying that when there is an Antagonist Nation versus an Protagonist Nation, the Protagonist Nation's Allies wouldn't come to their aid. That's just stupid. Honor is earned on the field of battle, through glorious combat, not on the numbers and logistics brought to the field.

Example:

Japanese Edo Period. Multiple Clans fought together in alliances versus other clans, many of which were much smaller than them. This was not dishonorable, this was the Military Tacticians of that Clan outsmarting their foes in Diplomacy and Logistics. It's only in singular matters that honor is relevant, not in how many men we bring to the field.

And, to be honest, this is your fault. You've given the Dwarves time to form a Military Alliance which has doomed your nation militarily. A proper military subjugation of a realm would have placed Sentries on all the entries to the enemy land, effectively keeping everyone from going in or out.
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 6:49 pm

I'm not being too cereal, just saying. And remember you didn't give the mods a chance to intercept.. You posted finding him right away in your D2D post which Caexi talked to you about later on. Anyway, not trying to start WWIII here on the Forums. Just making a point.
Back to top Go down
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 6:54 pm

Indeed. I suspect that Ezeria will be forced to sue for some kind of peace, although I doubt the dwarves will be able to pull off a complete victory; not with that fortified town and the rough terrain.

Things are going to be fluid for a while since not all the nations have made contact yet. Depending on how the Ezerians act, Shidrus or Sesseau might end up backing the Avians, especially since the dwarves don't have any ports, and thus nothing to offer Shidrus. If Aspen joins his presence could also throw a wrench in the balance of power.
Back to top Go down
Zhufor

Zhufor

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 6:59 pm

Silly Talis. Of course the Dwarves of Karag Mor have ports. Just not what you consider ports. We have no fleet, although I plan to correct that shortly, but as I had it planned on the old map, I would have barges going up and down the river system. With the new map, I've replaced it by surface outposts on the coast that serve host to small populations of Fishermen and the like. If you would like, I could make a D2D post to make that official, however it doesn't matter either way to me.
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 8:49 am

Didn't Sesseau have a mod mark with Avian's killing on of their group members at a quarry? Who knows the dwarves of Mor might find them first and seek trade with those fur loving people?
Back to top Go down
Zhufor

Zhufor

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 10:01 am

And I have a question. I might have missed it, but how did the Sesseau get to Ezria? If it was by boat, alright, but if it was by land, you would have come into contact with at least one Dwarven Way Tower.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 10:04 am

I guess they didn't. They marched north from Mille Sessau, which meant they would cross Karag Mor, but you never started a diplomacy thread so I surmise they never met any Dwarves along the way!
Back to top Go down
http://warringfronts.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Discussion
Page 11 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 23 ... 36  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warring Fronts RPG Forum :: General :: General Discussion-
Jump to: