Warring Fronts RPG Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warring Fronts RPG Forum

Warring Fronts is a medieval fantasy nation RPG forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Questions / Suggestions

Go down 
+7
Zhufor
Bynaar
Rambo'neil
Ezria
Talis
Jaymes
Mille Sessau
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Talis
Admin

Questions / Suggestions - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 11:07 am

Honestly I'll be more annoyed about Mishlan dying than than any trouble colonizing the archipelago if trouble flares up. He was one of my favorite characters, and rather fun to write. Maybe I can make a statue of him or something, get a cultural event out of it.

As for the islands. . . Shidarans are used to hardships. I was willing to try to nice way, but I'll burn the entire place down and mine what I need from among the smoldering ashes and burnt corpses if it comes to that.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 11:12 am

Haha. I surmised as much. Ready for Moderator status yet, Talis?
Back to top Go down
http://warringfronts.forumotion.com
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 11:16 am

I'm already doing all the motions so I might as well get credit for it.

Now that Jaymes is off, is Caexi taking over our little naval battle? I want to sink that fleet already.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 11:23 am

Yes. Caexi is in flux though, because of OOC issues. He's on and off and on and off. He knows though, so when he gets back in the rhythm it'll be all good.

EDIT

So some ideas

Production -- I was thinking of this to stop people from spamming. It'd be a system in place to limit how many units could be created a week. This would give tangibility to defeating a huge army, since they wouldn't be able to replace it as quickly. Production would be able to be increased by building Barracks constructs.

Thoughts?

Unique Units -- I was thinking of allowing people to take a general unit template and create 3-5 units at their own whim. I'll use Mille Sessau as a juncture of this example.

Sessauan Chevaliers
Type - Heavy Infantry
Weapons - Sword & Shield (Offensive Melee)
Size - 300 Men
Movement - Footsoldiers (Slow).

Another example would be

Sessauan Mailed Knights
Type - Heavy Cavalry
Weapons - Lances (Offensive Melee)
Size - 100 Men
Movement - Armored Steeds (Fast).

Any thoughts on these two? For the unique units there'd be a plethora of options for each type (militia, light infantry, light skirmisher, heavy infantry, light cavalry, ranged cavalry and siege), as well as weapons, size and movement.
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 12:48 pm

I like it but i had another thought..could armies basically have Hero's or if you don't want to call them hero's then General's or whatever with specific traits that could give bonuses / detract away from the army? And the traits could change whether they win, lose, etc.

For Example:
Battlemaster Kulash
Victor- Kulash has won a major victory, thus morale is increased.

And you could have negative detractors of course but it's just a thought. I've been playing too much Empire Total War. =/
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 12:50 pm

I don't like Heroes because there is too much potential for them to be everywhere, too hard to keep track of their location. Though I'm open to it, if the forum is.
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 12:50 pm

Well maybe you could put like a limit of one or two to a nation or something, but yeah i could see how it could be a pain.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 12:52 pm

Your response to both of my ideas was rather lackadaisical.
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 12:56 pm

Apologies, I got caught up with my own. As for your idea, i think it's good. It gives a chance to develop more customization. What you might wanna do maybe is also create units that only specific race can have that would be much more expensive than standard units. Maybe add in EP and MP when buying them.

For example, the Dwarve's could have sappers for siege operations to try and tunnel under walls.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 12:58 pm

Surely. This will allow for increased customization, yeah? I just need to find a way to gauge the price of the units.
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 1:01 pm

Agreed, i think a lot will depend on what the units are gonna be equipped with whether its iron or mithril weapons and such. I like the idea because if your facing these countries that are totally geared towards war, it seems like the customization options would give you a better chance to even the playing field. While it won't give you the advantage, it could help even things up just a bit.
Back to top Go down
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 1:14 pm

I like the idea. My only reservations are the same as Theo's - namely that we would need a way to fairly gauge prices and abilities.

The other problem is standardization. Right now, a Company = 300 units. If we do this and allow different unit numbers in organizations, it may get a lot harder to determine how a given group will fare against enemies. It will also make it more difficult to use resource limitations and such. right now, ten companies can be made from a mine resource. If we change that, will that organization change? A company of mages has so much mana, how will we decide if a smaller group has more or the same amount?
Back to top Go down
Ejrahk

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 2:34 pm

I think that is a great idea. A possible solution is instead of capping resources by unit cap them by number of men. Have as large or small units you want but one iron node can only outfit 3k troops
Back to top Go down
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 7:40 pm

So Theo, what do we do if we have a government with no obvious leader to act as a hero? The closest thing I have is three different Guildmasters and one Chairman of a Guild Council. I guess I could do the supreme commander of the armed forces...

*EDIT* Oh, finished the battle. Going to work of Ejrahk's D2D now.
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 8:16 pm

Would building a major religious center also make your nation's populace more resistant to being converted?
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 8:43 pm

Yes Ezria. Talis, pick one of them!
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 9:46 am

Is there a limit as to how much stone a stone resources produces?

I mean there's one for Iron and Mithril and Aquaculture you got a limit cuz too many ships fishing deplets it. Heck there's one for food as well cuz unless you have a large abundence like Millies will soon have you're stuck not trading it otherwise your people die and I'm sure lots of unhappiness. There should be some limit as well for Stone I'd think regarding what is built and how much stone it takes.

EDIT: I just notice Spearmen. They're new so are the the equivalent of LI from before the update or are Warriors the equivalent of LI from before the update with Spearmen become a counter to Cav and sorta like a Medium Infantry Class?
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 11:16 am

No limit for stone as of now.

Spearman are like light / anti-cavalry. Swordsmen are like medium.
Back to top Go down
Ejrahk

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 2:04 pm

do warriors require weekly maintenance points, they are not in the list- now that I look at it, the maintenance costs for infantry do not align with the units. Do swordsmen count as heavy or light?

it may be worth making a table of military units, their cost, and maintenance.

Exe

Land Based Units
NameNoneIronMithril Maintenance
Warrior2N/AN/A1

That is an example of the idea anyways. If you want and feel it is a good idea I can put all into a table for you, and also put the list of economic and cultural abilities and point cost into a table at the end of the posts. That way, you know what they do, but can quickly reference without having to scroll through tons of text.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 2:09 pm

That looks excellent man, do it!

Heavy Infantry and Light Infantry can no longer be purchased. The only reason they're still on the Maintenance list is because people still have them, but Swordsman and Spearman are the new units.

Warrior Companies have 1 Military Upkeep by the way.
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 2:16 pm

So what happens to my elite light infantry after they are gone? Because it sounds like warrior companies are basically just conscripts and aren't the same when compared to LI.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 2:19 pm

I'm thinking of changing Advanced Training so that it boosts one of three categories for a certain unit ; Morale, Discipline, March. Which would be longevity/morale, fighting ability, and movement speed.
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 2:22 pm

Might be a good idea because right now advanced units are seemingly excellent in all three categories and steam roll through anything they come across.
Back to top Go down
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 2:32 pm

That would fix the stacking problems that currently crop up when someone has multiple traits that all improve one unit too.
Back to top Go down
Ejrahk

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 4:10 pm

Land Based Units
NameNoneIronMithril Maintenance
Warrior2N/AN/A1
Spearman3441
SwordsmanN/A362
Skirmisher2341
Light Cavalry3451
Heavy CavalryN/A563
Mage8N/AN/A3
Spellsword10N/AN/A4
Catapult1N/AN/AN/A
Ballista2N/AN/AN/A

Coding:
Code:
[table border=2 cellpadding = 2 width = 80%]
[tr][td][b]Land Based Units[/b][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Name[/td][td]None[/td][td]Iron[/td][td]Mithril[/td][td] Maintenance [/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Warrior[/td][td]2[/td][td]N/A[/td][td]N/A[/td][td]1[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Spearman[/td][td]3[/td][td]4[/td][td]4[/td][td]1[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Swordsman[/td][td]N/A[/td][td]3[/td][td]6[/td][td]2[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Skirmisher[/td][td]2[/td][td]3[/td][td]4[/td][td]1[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Light Cavalry[/td][td]3[/td][td]4[/td][td]5[/td][td]1[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Heavy Cavalry[/td][td]N/A[/td][td]5[/td][td]6[/td][td]3[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Mage[/td][td]8[/td][td]N/A[/td][td]N/A[/td][td]3[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Spellsword[/td][td]10[/td][td]N/A[/td][td]N/A[/td][td]4[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Catapult[/td][td]1[/td][td]N/A[/td][td]N/A[/td][td]1[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Ballista[/td][td]2[/td][td]N/A[/td][td]N/A[/td][td]1[/td][/tr]
[/table]

Water Based Units
NameCostMaintenance
Bireme31
Trireme42
Galley63
Transport31--NOT SURE

Coding:
Code:
[table border=2 cellpadding = 2 width = 80%]
[tr][td][b]Water Based Units[/b][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Name[/td][td]Cost[/td][td]Maintenance [/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Bireme[/td][td]3[/td][td]1[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Trireme[/td][td]4[/td][td]2[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Galley[/td][td]6[/td][td]3[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Transport[/td][td]3[/td][td]1--NOT SURE[/td][/tr]
[/table]

This is all I have time for today, later tonight or tommorow I'll put culture and economic stuff cost and effects into tables. Cuz when I'm OCD like that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Questions / Suggestions
Page 10 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next