Warring Fronts RPG Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warring Fronts RPG Forum

Warring Fronts is a medieval fantasy nation RPG forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Questions / Suggestions

Go down 
+7
Zhufor
Bynaar
Rambo'neil
Ezria
Talis
Jaymes
Mille Sessau
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Ezria

Questions / Suggestions - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 6:00 pm

Meh, until you raise the tax on tea and stamps too high! Lmao. It'd be interesting to see what Shridus would do if it ever encountered natives on where it intends to establish these colonies. I wonder if you'll get a little Mau Mau rebellion going on.
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 6:07 pm

Excellent.

Another question. On one of you updates it said something about a Technological Trait possibility. Is it still a possibility or has it been scratched from the list?

Also wasn't there something about random moderator controlled nations or is that my imagination/scratched as well?
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 6:08 pm

both were scrapped.
Back to top Go down
http://warringfronts.forumotion.com
Caexi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 10:25 am

So question what is the [E] and the [M] next to everyone's title in the D2Ds theo?
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 10:30 am

Why are cutural monuments bought in the erconomic section seeing as they provide bonus' to cultural and not ecnomic? Could it possibly be bought and paid for by both point classifications?
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 11:34 am

If I have major stone walls, can I mount catapaults on the walls and or towers?
Back to top Go down
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 1:59 pm

Cultural upgrades exert morale and loyalty influence over populations. Monuments don't do that; instead, they generate more cultural points.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 2:16 pm

No Ezria.
Back to top Go down
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 11:51 pm

Hey Theo, a lot of people use cavalry with alternate creatures besides horses, like Gryphons and Wargs. How would that work with a horse resource?

Also... crap, there goes the basic design for the Shidaran military.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 9:48 am

Horse is just a word. It'd be Warg for Caexi. Bear for Karag Mor, et cetera.

EDIT: I think besides the Kingdom Traits, everything is about as perfect as I imagine it.

I changed the resource system because it minimalized the purpose of the Iron and Wood resource, where it was nice to have access to them, but by no means necessary, whereas in real life they are essential.
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 10:30 am

So is the Ezrian Army basically in the stone age right now? Lmao. Because I don't have bronze, iron, or mithril so....
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 10:42 am

All your current units are still around, think of it as the mines have run dry.

But yes that's correct. Bronze is going to be common, Iron will be common for the two Dwarven kingdoms due to location and Mithril a genuine rarity.

Chances are almost everybody will find Bronze, but Iron is going to be trickier.

I made these changes to reflect real life situations. The fact that Iron is now required for steel swords and shields will make it much more important.
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 10:43 am

Same here so no worries it's equal fighting right now lol. These are all weapons from our golden age but now the mines are shut down and we've not found new ones yet but hopefully I find IDK mithril with my expedition ppl it'd be wonderfull LOL though probably not gonna happen lol.

EDIT: Question can I disasseble my cav companies and have the horsies reproduce so I have a horse resource?
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 10:47 am

So Jaymes, your guys are still in sight of the city? Because I thought they went waay back to death trap pass. Guess i'm gonna come out and start round two then. I'm not having you anywhere near my crops.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 10:50 am

No Jaymes, sorry.

Ezria & Jaymes. Can you PM me with the current force at Agrina and of the 3rd Legion so I can reorganize my info. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 11:08 am

Not way back to Death Trap Pass mod mark said base of death trap pass so I said they had a telescope to see the city, cities are big so assumed they'd be able to see it with telescop.

And sure thing Mille Sessau

EDIT: Just saw the new mod mark. When you take loot in the form of economic points does the nation your looting lose points? If so that's tight!
Back to top Go down
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 1:04 pm

Makes sense, but it's going to make things a little difficult for me, at least in the short term. Shidrus military culture isn't bloodthirsty, but it is highly professional. They are not going to just hand people spears and let them into the army.

On the other hand, it justifies my already apparent lack of cavalry. That makes good sense, no mounts apart from the ravenously dangerous ones in a place like Shidrus.
Back to top Go down
Caexi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 2:16 pm

Alright Theo I have a question now from the Mod Mark you gave me [haven't finished reading since I just looked at the summary.

Question:
-- Elvish surveyers discover a Warg (Horse) Resource to the south, though it is currently outside of their borders and cannot be utilized until it is in the borders of the Confederacy.

Does this mean I get the horse resource, ie being able to produce both my elvish mounts and orc warg mounts? And how big of a border expansion would I need to get to it?

Question 2:
I assume we are keeping the resource we picked upon applying?
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 6:56 pm

Yeah, a Minor Border Expansion to the south gives you access to the resource.

Also, yeah you stick with what you have.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 2:02 am

I'm taking TRAIT ideas. If there's one you want in the game, now is the time. They must be all encompassing and not a redudancy either. Go!
Back to top Go down
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 2:23 am

Too late to think right now. I'll come up with some in the morning.

Oh, and I notice that you decided to use my emphasis idea. Curious how it'll work.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 9:41 am

What emphasis idea?
Back to top Go down
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 11:08 am

I was referring to philosophies. It looks similar to the plan I had on CoC to create "emphasis" that players could pick. Depending on which emphasis they had, the populace would react differently to events.

-------------

Anyway, it's suggestions time!

My first suggestion is not a whole trait in itself, but would go in the Military Tactics options:

Field Fortifications : The armies of this nation are trained and equipped to erect hasty field fortifications at any location. These fortifications compose of shallow ditches, earthen barricades and lines of sharpened stakes. While these fortifications are not as formidable as permanent defenses, their mobility makes them useful for holding remote locations or besieging cities.
- Military Units may erect Field Fortifications at any location. Field Fortifications require 1 day to complete.

This is based off the Roman tactics - they would build fortified camps when they stopped every night using wooden stakes, ditches, and pre-arranged base designs. It's useful for doing things like holding an exposed location, defending open territory, and besieging cities.

Second suggestion isn't a trait, but an improvement. It struck me that the National Academies trait has a flaw - there is never any reason to allow them into one's nation, since they always benefit another and never you. I suggest that National Academies should provide a small bonus to nations that host them. For example, if Karag Mor places a Warrior Guild in another capital, it should provide KM with the usual 20 MP, but also provide the foreign capital with a smaller 5 MP. Similarly, Commerce Guilds should give 1 EP to the host nation. This will provide a small incentive to allow guilds to enter a nation, even if they might otherwise be disinclined.

I also notice that we don't have any espionage traits going. This is a crying shame, since spies and such are already incredibly useful, and it would make a useful trait for players leaning that way. Thus I propose my next trait:

Espionage Network - The Espionage Network gives a Kingdom superior clandestine abilities by formalizing a system of spies, contacts, operatives, and organizers. With specialized training and a complex system, the network's operatives can outperform mere hired thugs or prying ears. In addition, Espionage Networks study ways to extract information from prisoners, and also train their own members and politicians in resisting these methods.
- Espionage Networks automatically form in nations that have contact with this kingdom and will send information via modmarks. Funding the Spy Network (with EP) increases its effectiveness
- Clandestine activities have a greater chance of success
- Subjects of kingdoms with Espionage Network are more resistant to interrogation
- More information can be gained from prisoners

This one sin't just "Espionage" because everyone does that. The difference is that while any kingdom can hire assassins or send out spies, the Kingdom with Espionage Network has a specialized system with trained operatives.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 11:49 am

Like the Espionage one. Yaaay.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 6:14 pm

Just to let everybody know, you don't have to drag the negotiations out so much. Like if you see Ezria and Sessau already signed an agreement. You don't have to RP out every single detail.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Questions / Suggestions
Page 6 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next