Warring Fronts RPG Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warring Fronts RPG Forum

Warring Fronts is a medieval fantasy nation RPG forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

General Discussion

Go down 
+12
Aspen
Merenaz
Caexi
Zhufor
Rambo'neil
Bynaar
Thor
Ezria
Jaymes
Talis
Sage of Mirrors
Mille Sessau
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 26 ... 36  Next
AuthorMessage
Ezria

General Discussion - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 7:15 pm

It honestly won't matter if I can pull off a second Major victory. The Dwarves will be so demoralized he can spam me with units and I could still probably hold him at Agrina and behind other fortifications I build. I'll have the tribesman to shore up my lines as a reserve as well.
Back to top Go down
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 7:17 pm

Very true. It's one thing to have the resources, and it's another to have the will to use them.

Of course, if I win the naval battle and Ezria doesn't do some major backpedaling then you're going to have to defend your entire coastline too, that's a lot of troops. Especially considering that I have Professional Army, which is perfect for smaller strike-teams.
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 7:22 pm

True, but its better than having to defend myself from an angry Mille Sessau on my land border. We'll see what happens. I have troops protecting Shurmanda too, which i'll prolly build major stone walls around this Friday. PLUS, you should be distracted more with Mille..after all..yanno..he started it. >_>; lemme alone.
Back to top Go down
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 7:24 pm

I don't want to reveal too much about my tactics, but I will say that Shidrus is very familiar with the concept of total war (think about their history) and considers chivalry an alien concept. This war is going to be very, very messy.
Back to top Go down
Ejrahk

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 7:43 pm

And the Ejrahk ritually murder most of their captives of war or anyone they can get their hands on... really....

Ejrahk Vs Shidrus = LOL that's gonna be great.... but bloody. But awesome.
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 11:30 am

Daamn, the Ezrian equivalent of the New Jersey Devil was just born in my mod mark.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 11:36 am

Hahahaha. Yes sir!
Back to top Go down
http://warringfronts.forumotion.com
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 1:19 pm

Holy crap man, I think that thing counts as an abomination in at least three of the forum's religions.

Anyway, Theo. I noticed that there's an Arcana branch in the works. How do you plan to work it? If you're going to simply let people pick one or two magic trees then I can't help much, but I can think of a ton of traits that would be based off magic. I'll post some of them if you're interested.
Back to top Go down
Caexi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 1:41 pm

So just to let everyone know I lost my father last night. He had a heart attack on Tuesday and we ended up pulling life support last night because there was no brain activity. I am back because I need the distraction so just catching up on everything before I post my get to work on my D2d, Theo's mod mark, and the battle setup between Shidrud and Sessau.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 6:46 pm

Damn, I'm sorry Caexi. That sucks man.

Yeah, PM them to me Talis.

I have some ideas but they're hard to get fleshed out with the current system.

EDIT: By the way, Karag Mor/Ever-Winter could probably speed their diplomacy up to get Karag involved in the fight. But that's just me.
Back to top Go down
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 10:27 pm

There, hope you like your new modmark Theo. It's an interesting one, a lot is happening in New Mille. I used randomization when I could to make it fair.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 10:29 pm

That's what I did with the archipelago. I just assigned each resource a number (1 = Iron, 2 = Bronze, et cetera) than randomized like four of them. Haha.

Tricky, tricky.

I am a little disappointed that I spent 20 Economic Points on a vast colony that seems so far empty in resources. :\
Back to top Go down
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 10:31 pm

Eh, resources don't pop up overnight. Sometimes you hit gold, and sometimes you have to spent three modmarks looking for a measly bronze.

I thought of that though, and my excuse is that only half the colony's been explored. There's a large region that's simply too dangerous to survey right now.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 10:33 pm

It's fine. You may be called upon to continue my ModMarks and Caexi's as well since it's probably inevitable at this point that we're going to war. Haha.

EDIT: I think I'm going to give some resources Population Growths, like Foodstuffs ; to give an incentive to actually .. look for them, or use them. Since the +1 EP is rather pointless.
Back to top Go down
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 10:35 pm

Modmarks are a pain (got to keep track of all those different factors) but I can handle one or two people. It would help if you made an military info post so I know how to describe your soldiers.

I am curious which option you'll pick though. Go for the payout, or take the safe option?
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 10:38 pm

Well, your ModMark brought up a good point. At +1 EP a turn Foodstuffs is somewhat pointless. I'm going to add/change some resources and make Foodstuffs and some other resources more appealing.

Can I ask you a favor ; can you come up with a tally for Happiness bonuses and malus ; for example:

Happiness
Baseline: - 2 per city per week.
During war: - 3 per city per week.
Lost a battle: Immediate -5

et cetera? Yay / Nay?
Back to top Go down
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 10:42 pm

The biggest advantage to an extra foodstuffs resource is redundancy. Losing it can send your whole civilization into starvation and anarchy, so having a backup can take a lot of heat off.

I'll think about doing the tally. Not sure right at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 10:50 pm

I'm about to make the Resources section look badass. Think I'm going to get rid of Bronze though. What do you think? Just stick with Iron and Mithril? Yay / Nay?
Back to top Go down
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 10:52 pm

Bronze has a lot of problems. For one, you could never technically "find" bronze because it's an alloy of copper and tin. Bronze is also stronger than iron (though not steel). Tin was pretty valuable for pots, kettles, and that kind of stuff, so you could have a tin resource.

But yeah, in general I'd say go with iron and mithril. One is the basic and the other is the advanced. Easier to keep track of too.
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 6:04 am

So would the bronze issue between Ever-Winter and the Karag Mor disappear or would it turn into a iron issue? Would prefer to know before I do a post with negotiations. Yea I agree about aide from dwarves of the Holds. I'm gonna off a trade agreement for military aid. Although the oath dictates we come to each other aid Dwarven honor among each other would require something to be given up in return for their aide besides just the oath that they'd come to their aide in return.

Would have gotten a mod mark for that battle up yesturday but was working on making a chapel for a church group with my dad. Knight Hall is getting re-done and they're adding a chapel to the building (even though the church is like 100 yeards away, walking distance). But was there most of the day and then read some when I got home.

Very disappointed about the mod mark...ugh But at least Thrag Pissed Avians off so peace isn't attainable for right now. Was hoping sideing with civilians in the disput would win it for him I mean over 90% of the population is civi's so thought I had better chance of siding with them while retaining military support from the deaths of the diplomatic group surfacing, avian's denial (even when they told the truth about not ambushing them but like the dwarves knew that), and the whole recent exile of the former regent turned dictator would work in his favor (beleive that stuff about dictator was in history as well as d2d). No doubt the old Regent wanted a weaker regent in position and that with 'turning' against the military which he came from didn't help.
Back to top Go down
Caexi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 10:42 am

So I will be more into things within the next couple of days. I am trying to get my D2D up so I am not out on the 10 day limit and should be able to resume my responsibilities by monday at the latest. If anything is waiting on me just let me know and I'll try to get to it as soon as I can, since I see that the mod marks have already been taken care of... So thanks for covering Theo and others.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 10:43 am

That new Bronze vein will be Iron, Ever-Winter.
Back to top Go down
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 10:53 am

Speaking of resources, I think that perhaps certain resources should not be available to choose as starting ones (Mithril mainly). Considering Mithril's benefits and supposed rarity, it needs to be found. If it's a choosing option then no one will ever pick iron to start with and mithril will be common as dirt.
Back to top Go down
Caexi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 11:01 am

I would have to agree with Talis on that unless you are picking the High Resource trait. The reason I say that is because of the trait itself since it means your nation is rich in resources, but once found you are not likely to find any other type of resource within you kingdom. Which means for everything else you either need to do massive exploration or need to trade quite a bit. Or if we are going to make mithril hard to find regardless of trait or choice I would suggest that the High Resource Trait have a double node for the three you pick since as I stated you are highly unlikely to find anything else within your kingdom's land without expansion or trade.
Back to top Go down
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 11:03 am

A good point. In that case perhaps we should alter the rules to the "High Natural Resources" trait so that the issue is clear.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Discussion
Page 16 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 26 ... 36  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warring Fronts RPG Forum :: General :: General Discussion-
Jump to: