Warring Fronts RPG Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warring Fronts RPG Forum

Warring Fronts is a medieval fantasy nation RPG forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

General Discussion

Go down 
+12
Aspen
Merenaz
Caexi
Zhufor
Rambo'neil
Bynaar
Thor
Ezria
Jaymes
Talis
Sage of Mirrors
Mille Sessau
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 25 ... 36  Next
AuthorMessage
Mille Sessau
Admin

General Discussion - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 11:30 pm

Got it.

ALRIGHT: Governments, Customs, Commerce, Philosophy, and Glory trees are finished!
Back to top Go down
http://warringfronts.forumotion.com
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 11:40 pm

Another Territory option:

Nomadism - Many of the kingdom's people are nomads, living off their skills and whatever the land provides during their wanderings. Such a lifestyle breeds hardy people, capable of adapting to scarcities and hardships, and leading to a more decentralized kingdom.
- Kingdom does not require a foodstuff resource
- Warriors fight more effectively
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 11:42 pm

Ooh I like that one. I'd want to expand on that though. Maybe have a one-city maximum but have no set cultural borders perhaps?
Back to top Go down
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 11:44 pm

Even nomads understand the idea of territory, and it would cause a headache to not have borders. I could see a city limitation though. I'd make it two for flexibility.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 11:52 pm

Anything else? I like Nomadism.

Tyranny tree is done!
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 6:44 am

Theo, I need you to reply to my negotiations thread as well. We still have a lot to talk about before I plunge into this war with you.
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 7:22 am

Alright I'll check it out if it's just about farmers I probably won't change much on mine.

EDIT: No change on my post I'm good. Next time though you don't need to stress the honorable. I'll always RP my nation based on the traits I choose though the new system doesn't have such a trait so will no longer be forced to act honorably because it's no longer a trait and wouldn't be part of my nation so big change in that area due to new system Sad sad about that but otherwise it's actually looking lots better.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 10:12 am

If you want. PM me your desired traits so I can update everything. Thanks! Still have 1 more Trait to work on, not sure what it'll be though. Otherwise everything is done.
Back to top Go down
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 11:42 am

Wow. On the one hand, you socked one of my Triremes, but on the other you just gave me a huge helping of possible resources to exploit. This is going to take some consideration.

I do have to say, though, that I'm highly disappointed you didn't have some version of state academies available. I really liked the way it gave me an option to expand for economic points.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 11:44 am

I try to maintain a minimal bias.

You get rewarded for exploring. However, the Archipelago situation is one that I foresee being interesting. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 11:46 am

Indeed, although I will not be able to devote my full attention to the location for a while.

Don't think the animals are as scary as you think they are. Shidrus is a land replete with scary animals after all, they kind of used to things like giant birds who eat people and stuff. I'm going to have to deal with this twisted halfling thing though. I bet it's zombies or something, that's just like you.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 11:47 am

NOT zombies. I'll tell you that much.
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 1:58 pm

Dang Talis got a nice mod mark. Three possible resource areas but each with danger in them, very nice, almost wish I secluded myself and did something similar lol but that wouldn't be me lol.
Back to top Go down
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 3:54 pm

Indeed, it opens up the possibility of elven rebels armed with Mithril weapons. Ezria's alliance may prove very costly if things go a certain way.

*edit* I've done everything but the battle post so far. Got work to do still so that will have to wait, but I'll get to it either late today or tomorrow. It's probably better that way, since Theo will have a chance to voice any objections he has over my preparations before the fight begins. It's hard to balance foresight with roleplaying, but I think I kept everything within Shidrus' established military doctrine (it helps that that was already exceedingly heavy-handed).
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 10:12 am

Just so Talis and Ezria know I was asked to do the Mod Mark though beleive it has to be checked over. And it's not that great of a first mod mark...
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 11:05 am

Can we get a mod mark for Agrina Theo?
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 2:39 pm

Done, Ezria.

Jaymes, you need to act.

First rule of warfare is not to be idle.

Since you're in Ezria's territory, you have to force him to battle. If he picks the battles you will lose.

Hannibal did not let the Romans pick the battles, but instead forced the Romans to battle when and where he wanted.

Secondly, Ejrahk is probably my new favorite kingdom, tied with Merenaz Caliphate now. Hahaha.
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 3:12 pm

I know I need to act but I'm not attacking fortification with a battering ram when I'm outnumbered. Although mostly cavalry in a city probably isn't good I'd rather do something else.

And mod marks wrong. The whole 3rd didn't move up the mountain only the cavalry the rest of the third is still at the base of the pass.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 3:16 pm

I'm just saying. You're going to lose with your current Fabian strategy.

Ezria can reinforce twice as fast as you can.

Oh, alright. I'll change it than.
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 3:19 pm

Yea I'm not leaving the Avians alone, plus had to rest my troops before making any movements from that last engagement otherwise Ezria's rested troops that reinforced at the end would just wash over them like a wave.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 3:26 pm

Karag Mor and Ezria, I'll do your Day to Day's in a day or so since Caexi is AFK for now.
Back to top Go down
Ejrahk

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 7:03 pm

Glad you like Ejrahk, bro.... super excited to see how this all unfolds Very Happy MURDER MURDER HURRAY
Back to top Go down
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 7:07 pm

This is really fascinating. It seems like one faction after another is being dragged into Ezeria's war. Thanks to Sessau Shidrus will probably have to take a side, and Ejrahk is already allying. This could get really big.
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 7:08 pm

I didn't start it! lmao. The Dwarves jumped me and it evens thing's out on the continent since Karag is going to declare war on me very soon.
Back to top Go down
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 7:13 pm

The fight's only even thanks to the modmark in Everwinter. You may or may not have noticed, but Everwinter still has enough MP to replace an army if they lost it, while you're stretched thin. Their best bet would be to hurl themselves at your army, do a big amount of damage, and then send another invasion force while you're still reeling.

Of course, now that their sovereign ruler wants peace, I don't think they have the willpower to lose an army just to wear you down.

I imagine the lines will be something like this:

Ezrian team:
Ezria
Sessau
Ejrahk

Dwarven team:
Everwinter
Karag-mor
Shidrus

with the caliphate and Caexi unaligned right now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 15 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Discussion
Page 15 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 25 ... 36  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warring Fronts RPG Forum :: General :: General Discussion-
Jump to: