Warring Fronts RPG Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warring Fronts RPG Forum

Warring Fronts is a medieval fantasy nation RPG forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

General Discussion

Go down 
+12
Aspen
Merenaz
Caexi
Zhufor
Rambo'neil
Bynaar
Thor
Ezria
Jaymes
Talis
Sage of Mirrors
Mille Sessau
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 26 ... 36  Next
AuthorMessage
Caexi
Admin

General Discussion - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 11:17 am

So this is how I think this trait should look just from how it is setup in both the description and the general setup. Bold are my suggestions for the trait.

High Natural Resources - The kingdom's ancestors luckily settled in the right place, for the land that they settled in is extremely high in many different natural resources. The kingdom has thus started with possession of more natural resources than other kingdoms.
-- Kingdom starts with three Natural Resource Nodes. One of them must be Foodstuffs unless Nomadism is also selected.
-- Two other Natural Resource Nodes can be duplicates. Only one mithril node can be found.
-- Resource nodes of the selected resources are in abundance and generate more nodes upon discovery.
-- Chances of finding other resources in the kingdom is greatly decreased.

Edit: Or....

High Natural Resources - The kingdom's ancestors luckily settled in the right place, for the land that they settled in is extremely high in many different natural resources. The kingdom has thus started with possession of more natural resources than other kingdoms.
-- Kingdom starts with three Natural Resource Nodes. One of them must be Foodstuffs unless Nomadism is also selected.
-- Two other Natural Resource Nodes can be duplicates. Mithril cannot be selected.
-- Selected Resources have a double node because of abundance within the kingdom.
-- Chances of finding other resources in the kingdom is greatly decreased.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 2:05 pm

Besides the Mithril ; I don't understand the reason for the changes.
Back to top Go down
http://warringfronts.forumotion.com
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 10:43 pm

Hey, Sessau. In that last battle post, don't you mean Hrothar Colony? The fleet doesn't know where Lashid is.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 10:47 pm

Fixed!
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 8:54 am

I just got a call back from the recruiter. Some dude dropped out so his job opened up leaving tomorrow but they're putting me up with everyone else tonight. Luckily I got my stuff pre packed and all done otherwise I'd be screwed. Anyways seeing as I'm gonna be leaving though to give you heads up, was gonna post today in everything but guess I can't leaving to head up in like three hours give or take.

Suggestion have military overthrow Anvil or have Thrag do it and then have him or the military present documents that suggest the Republic was a long forgotten colony of the Holds of Karag Mor hench the title Regent all these long years being used because the King was with the Holds and let Zhufor handle the battle with the forces of the Holds and former Republic.

If not then let those troops up top and reinforcements move back to the Fortress cuz they wouldn't hear about all that junk but without anyone RPing them, if you don't let Zhufor take 'em, they can't really fight and use tactics. Was planning on scorching the whole agriculture node that post in the battle.

Then when my reinforcements with cats and more units arrived use the cover of night and approach within the minimum range of cats (due to walls they'd have to have some minimum range seein as they weren't on top of the wall) and bust open the gates with the coming of dawn. After that If failing to take it march to the fortress the last day when avians reinforcements arrived with a rear gaurd just in case they attempted to pursue.

EDIT:

Lol, Zhufor would then eventually get Marble, Iron, and another Stone resource along with the food resource which would provide for the 130 dwarves of the republic lol. Sorry about leaving but expected a longer stay. Was told that I'd get a job aroundish June possibly later so didn't expect to leave earlier though was kinda hoping to personally so I can get on with my future career.

Last edited by Jaymes on Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 8:55 am

So Jaymes are you gone for good than man, or just a while?
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 9:02 am

Well basic is like 6 weeks I think then after that I'd get more freedom regarding internet and junk because after that is job training so probably just 6 weeks though if you want to go with that scenario of letting Zhufor take over my population and military I could still come back and have a regent and I'd just have to RP more like following Zhufor's king seeing as what a regent is. That's also be able to ensure that everything continues even if I can't come back cuz pilled down with training and all that jazz just in case. Definately try but not sure how much free time I'll get in AIT so *Shrugs* though my buddy said that they work from the morning at like 6/7 for PT (maybe earlier IDK) and junk to like 5 and then you get the rest of the time off and you get weekends off so hoping I get to come back on. Either way after about 7 weeks I'll definately get on and let you know for sure weather I got time or not.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 9:07 am

Alright man. I'll get it handled. Soon you in a while!
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 9:17 am

Sorry 'bout that Mille. Hope it doesn't make things too complicated for you.
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 9:19 am

Good luck at boot.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 9:20 am

Zhufor, PM me what you want to do. Consider Ever-Winter in a state of civil war. You can swoop in and take control ; consolidating his territory, or let them fight it out than let Ever-Winter become a Moderator Controlled Minor Kingdom.

EDIT: We need more players. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Caexi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 10:25 am

I have recruit a friend of mine who just needs to go through and do descriptions.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 10:35 am

Cool beans Caexi. You gonna jump on here with a D2D, and Mod for us soon maaan?
Back to top Go down
Zhufor

Zhufor

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 10:52 am

Well, this is a sad turn of events. I was rather enjoying having two Dwarven Cultures. Oh well. Alright, so, how it's going to work is that I'm going to Generally absorb the Republic due to the Nobility being fused from the Oath of Kinship that was already signed in our Negotiations. I will still end up letting them have political leaders, I will continue to use all their Government Leaders as Nobles in D2D posts, and will let them remain a Sovereign State to a degree.

To Ezria, I will most likely push for peace considering the Holds probably doesn't want to get into a War that they know nothing about. That may change in time, but I'll be pushing for a cease fire between the two so the Holds can restabilize the Republic. For that I'll be starting a Negotiation's Thread immediately after I make my D2D post of absorbing the Republic into the Hold's marvelous bureaucratic system.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 10:53 am

They can't be their own sovereign state; you'd have to change your policies. You'll have to absorb them entirely.
Back to top Go down
Zhufor

Zhufor

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 10:55 am

Mmm, that's too bad. Alright then, however I don't understand why they couldn't still have their own Government in place. Oh well, I'll accept the rules of the Forum.
Back to top Go down
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 11:03 am

Don't you already have a treaty that combines the governments of Karag Mor and Everwinter signed? Why not just give Zhufor control of both - Everwinter would still exist as a provincial region, but the combined council passes all the laws anyway.
Back to top Go down
Zhufor

Zhufor

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 11:19 am

That's what I was saying. ;_; I don't understand why we wouldn't be able to make this smooth considering the Oath of Kinship already united our Governments, even before he left.
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 12:25 pm

Wtf theo is with this mod? I have the military discipline trait, where they never mutiny or disobey orders.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 12:29 pm

You're correct. No Avian will ever mutiny or disobey orders.

I will make the addendum for " native soldiers .. "
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 12:31 pm

............that is bullshit. All civil wars or at least insurgencies have loyalists and pro government supporters. I find it hard to believe the entire unit would go off.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 12:33 pm

I find it harder to believe that Mabiyans would ride against their own. Again, less than 5% joined Silias, the others just scattered. This is primarily because Mabiya's Happiness rating is below the required to recruit and maintain Elven units.
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 12:36 pm

Then explain Afghanistan, Russian's and American's both used local troops to fight insurgents even though the population despised them. There's more than one conflict where native troops have been used to crush rebellions and i'm just rattling off one. But okay, whatever.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 12:39 pm

You're going to win the battle. Chill man.
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 12:41 pm

Not before my timber resource is burned to crisp. =( oh wellz, didn't mean to snap was just sayin.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Discussion
Page 17 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 26 ... 36  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warring Fronts RPG Forum :: General :: General Discussion-
Jump to: