Warring Fronts RPG Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warring Fronts RPG Forum

Warring Fronts is a medieval fantasy nation RPG forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

General Discussion

Go down 
+12
Aspen
Merenaz
Caexi
Zhufor
Rambo'neil
Bynaar
Thor
Ezria
Jaymes
Talis
Sage of Mirrors
Mille Sessau
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 31 ... 36  Next
AuthorMessage
Talis
Admin

General Discussion - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 10:25 pm

Perhaps we should do a simple resource/biome map as well as a political one?
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 10:28 pm

I was thinking the same thing. Hmm.

If I could get the info, I could do it. I need a basic layout though.
Back to top Go down
http://warringfronts.forumotion.com
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 12:05 am

Did a minor edit to the Settler's War battle modmark: Caexi's reinforcements (and Caexi itself) are now three modmarks away instead of four.
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 6:59 am

Another change upcoming to the trait system...

Like the new constructs though, they really look amazing.
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 7:54 am

So technically how long before my ships get the word and they can be withdrawn?
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 7:55 am

Mille Sessau sent another bireme with General Reynault who will let them know as soon as he arrives.
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 8:02 am

three mod marks from now in the main campaign if they don't leave horthgar more if they do which if mille does they would.

also dislike getting on sunday so will do d2d, mod mark, and negotiations tomorrow on monday. feel bad getting on just to post my battle post but I know ezria likes to get things done fast.
Back to top Go down
MacTomas

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 8:03 am

Can I load troops on transport ship to move them? How many on single ship?
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 8:03 am

Look up the Transport unit, it will tell you.
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 8:07 am

Oh mille has one so it'll be 2 his nation is closer then ezria so less travel.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 4:52 pm

The funny thing about this is ; if I had kept my 2,400 cavalry in Keye, Caexi would not have " sent his riders out as scouts. " and they would be frontline attack troops.

Funny how that works, isn't it.

And although I indicated my horsemen rode south for a ways, than east ; they're still spotted.

I should just leave New Mille before the Cerebrus Legion snipes Empress Alexandria from across the ocean.
Back to top Go down
Caexi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 5:04 pm

You said southeast theo not straight south. Also that Imperium section of post was going to be apart of my next D2D.

Edit: Minus the mercenaries.

Last edited by Caexi on Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 5:06 pm

Actually here is what it says.

He pulled the spear from it's saddle mounted sheath and raised it. " Ici! Ici! We ride now! " He spurred his own horse south, the steeds kicked off and filed out of Keye at a slow gallop. They would head south for some time and turn east, where they would ride for some hours to enter Caexian territory. The journey would be somewhat long and arduous, as the soldiers were not familiar with the terrain, and the land was unquestionably vast with huge rolling plains and savannahs. They would hopefully go unnoticed by both the advanced party and the Cerebrus Legion which rested far to the northeast of Keye. If they encountered any small establishments of an Orc or Elven nature, they would be run down and slaughtered, and if any sizable cities or forces were spotted, the Light Cavalry host would pause for further observation.

But it doesn't matter, y'anno. You know exactly what I'm doing before I can even do it.

I can guarantee without any doubt that if I kept my Cavalry inside Keye you would not have hired those mercenaries to " patrol the plains and observe for enemy movement. "

Guarantee it, but what can I say.

I surrender.
Back to top Go down
Caexi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 5:08 pm

Oh I didn't see that part....Saw the southeast, so I will go edit my post.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 5:10 pm

It's pointless. Keep it like it is.

You went from moving the Cerebrus Legion out to talk to the native to " oh they won't talk to us, let's slaughter them. " although you haven't even met any of them.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 5:33 pm

As a matter of fact, it's kind of a moot point but you're just in control of the Cerebrus Legion.

You can send for reinforcements but that's how King's Casimir's War went.

Jaymes is in command of the available force he brought, and Ezria in charge of his forces and additional forces are requested for.

So I think that'd be a more appropriate way to go about it. Like you'll never see me, in the battle thread RP'ing as Alexandria sending reinforcements. The moderators usually whim whether or not reinforcements are accepted and sent or not, how fast they arrive, et cetera.
Back to top Go down
Caexi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 5:35 pm

The mercenaries wouldn't of been hired because they were just added to the forum. I already had my D2D post written up and the Balaur LC would of been doing the scouting with the HC in a 2/2 and 3/1 company groups. Now though I get additional cavalry to do scouting because the mercenary details were added.

On another note war was the probably outcome. My plan was offer your colony the terms of a protectorate with an overseerer which would probably be denied. Therefore I already would have a legion in your lands to conquer it. Its the logical choice of the general would declare war if no people have come to talk to them. Especially since you have had scouts discover the legion which would not go unseen by my forces. So they would know they had been noticed....Coarse using common sense on that assumption.

Also editted my post and took out the House Vojal troops seeing your cavalry. Need to read obviously more clearly and not when I have taken some hydrocodine. Probably didn't need to since Talis I am sure would of caught that and said no they weren't seen. Just makes things easier.

Edit: Well I am sending for them since Talis did mention them in his setup and so that way the General knows where the human settlement is. Also need to put in there what the legion is doing.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 6:03 pm

Serfdom - Serfdom is the enforced labor of serfs on the fields of landowners, in return for protection and the right to work on their leased fields. A kingdom with serfdom always has a viable work force, but they are not always happy. If you need something built, you'll always have a large supply of workers. They own only the clothes on their back and for working on their lords fields they are given food and shelter. Civil unrest is common in serfdoms, but someone not working is very uncommon.
-- Irrigation Farmlands generate +2 more Economic Points per week.
-- Lumber Mills generate +2 more Economic Points per week.

Anyone dislike this? I like it, since serfdom is primarily agrarian.
Back to top Go down
Caexi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 11:00 pm

Well this is wonderful. I just went through the new trait system and with the new traits my kingdom is completely destroyed as far as the functionality and feel of it. I'll be going through them to see if my kingdom can be salvaged and if not I'll be scrapping it. Therefore my rp stuff is on hold until I figure that out.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 11:04 pm

Hahahahaha. Okay bub.

I think literally four or five traits were scrapped. None of which you're missing, besides Master of the Realms, which will undoubtedly be included in the Kingdom Civic tree which I haven't quite figured out.

You won't lose any of your standing resources either.

Don't get your orc and elf panties all twisted.

Next post is reserved for Caexi and his further complaining! Whabow!
Back to top Go down
Caexi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 11:28 pm

-smacks- Well ya shouldn't change things until your finished because I wouldn't of said anything. Though right now the only traits are Confederacy, Serfdom [from orginal app], and advance training. Have no clue about the legal system that has been added and religion category plays no part in my kingdom since they don't have a religion. So no clue what do do about that either.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 11:39 pm

Iron Rule - In the sense of a legal system, one ruler, or multiple rulers have absolute law. What they will is the first and last sense of justice the kingdom can expect. Iron rule can occur in every type of government except a Republic. Even in a Monarchy, where a king usually rules with some degree of benevolence, he can become a tyrannical leader by usurping legal documents and commanding as he wishes, what can the people do besides be oppressed and shun by his or her will?
-- Allows the existence of an Elite Guard unit. 5 Military Units of any type. If they are ever defeated they can be brought back for 5 MP a unit and they must all be the same units.
-- Decreases Happiness by 1 per city per week.

There you go Caexi.

And choose Paganism too.
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 6:19 am

Is this going to be the last change for awhile? Please say yes. Also, I noticed major stone walls are gone this doesn't mean I lose the construct, right?
Back to top Go down
Ejrahk

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 8:37 am

Normally I don't step in this like this, but. Theo, as an admin, your behavior is out of control. Alienating members, ruthlessly cutting them down, and taunting them on the forum, in a public place, in front of all your members is hard a way TO keep members. Blaming stuff on Caexi is not very classy. And before you rip me for calling you out in the same format, well, you set the standard.

This is supposed to be a fun place where we can RP some and number crunch some, and hang out. Our mods put in an incredible amount of free time to think of plots, mysteries, and fun stuff for us to do. You've put in a dizzying number of hours striving to think of a balanced fun system for us to play on, and I appreciate it. Truly.

Anyways, agree, don't agree, it's your choice. I don't want a long explanation on how Caexi has wronged you and broke the system and so it's justified, cuz, that's what PMs are for. I'm just saying I'm getting sick of logging on to see things like

Mille Sessau wrote:
Well, Confederacy of Caexi bought the first construct. So now I have to bring these changes in now.

Mille Sessau wrote:
I just want to get the following out of the way.

Talis, you're going to complain about whatever I've put up.

Mille Sessau wrote:
The funny thing about this is ; if I had kept my 2,400 cavalry in Keye, Caexi would not have " sent his riders out as scouts. " and they would be frontline attack troops.

Funny how that works, isn't it.

And although I indicated my horsemen rode south for a ways, than east ; they're still spotted.

I should just leave New Mille before the Cerebrus Legion snipes Empress Alexandria from across the ocean.

Mille Sessau wrote:
Hahahahaha. Okay bub.

I think literally four or five traits were scrapped. None of which you're missing, besides Master of the Realms, which will undoubtedly be included in the Kingdom Civic tree which I haven't quite figured out.

You won't lose any of your standing resources either.

Don't get your orc and elf panties all twisted.

Next post is reserved for Caexi and his further complaining! Whabow!

Settle your gripes, or stop sniping at people in general chat. They made private messages for a reason. Because they are private, for something to be discussed between two people like rational, civil adults.
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 8:47 am

So new trait system, neat think the previous one was good for quick building and a speedy game but RPG's are generally slower so this one seems to fit better. Won't have me with +15 CP lol means more rewards for RPing I'd guess though hopefully this is the last one?

Question you have to choose the same goverment as you had in the previous update yes?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Discussion
Page 26 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 31 ... 36  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warring Fronts RPG Forum :: General :: General Discussion-
Jump to: