Warring Fronts RPG Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warring Fronts RPG Forum

Warring Fronts is a medieval fantasy nation RPG forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Questions / Suggestions

Go down 
+7
Zhufor
Bynaar
Rambo'neil
Ezria
Talis
Jaymes
Mille Sessau
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Talis
Admin

Questions / Suggestions - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 12:00 pm

Couple questions about the new trait system:

1) In the Military Discipline trait, what counts as "Home Territory" for naval purposes, since players cannot own oceans? Do the waters in and around settlements count, or is it defined by defensive action?

2) I notice that you don't have weaknesses in this new system. Does this mean that they won't be there? If so, do I get to pick a second resource for my homeland when the new system is implemented?
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 7:35 am

Regarding the new trait system. I know we pick two and then two of the sub traits. Will we eventually be able to pick more then just those two sub traits or are we forever limited to two? If we can eventually pick more how do we go about acheiving that, like is there a CP/EP/MP cost, based on activity, or something entirely different?
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 7:48 am

Just two.
Back to top Go down
http://warringfronts.forumotion.com
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 8:14 am

Just two subtraits...gonna be very very difficult choices coming up whenever it gets implemented then...Will former units like Vetern HI still remain Vetern untill they die off even if you don't get that trait if you started off with the old trait system? Likewise do traits like honor still force you to RP you nation as such if you got it in the old trait system but it's not included in the new and you don't pick a trait that resembles it?

Basically do individual units already purchased with former traits retain their abilities and positives/negatives?

Are we forced to continue RPing our nation based off former traits that effected our RPing style
OR
Do the new traits selected override the old trait system regarding that aspect
OR
Must we continue to RP our old nation traits as well as adding the new Traits into our RPing style.

Example:
I had Honorable and RPed as such. Got Honorable mainly for the Positive of fighting increased and military alliance. With the new trait system I get Rule of Law and Military Tactics (Ambush and Scorched Earth) must I continue to RP my nation as honorable when it's not longer a trait and can RP it as honorable within it's own boarders and among themsevles because of traddtions and laws but to outsides or races not dwarves they don't?
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 8:18 am

You can continue to RP them as honorable, there are just no tangible effects for doing so. The new trait system can justify any/all government or cultural systems.
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 8:22 am

Excellent. I'll probably continue RPing my dwarves as partially honorable then. Among new empires they find and fellow dwarves. But you cross them you throw honor out the window and they are no longer bound by such a code type of dealio. (Much similar to my own rules Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 9:47 am

The person who comes up with the last Territories Trait gets 10 free Economic or Cultural Points. Go!
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 9:57 am

I thought Hostile Enviorment but second time looking at Master of the Realm saw it to be opossite of that which would be redundent...

Anyways question. If a part of territory is cut off from being defended kinda like Ezria's forces are on the other side of Death Trap Pass could I just take over the land above and not worry about colonizing it but claim it to be mine because it's the enemy there by 'conquering' the land for my own people?

EDIT: Maybe something like how China had the Great Wall of China that also allowed them to find out almost immediately of the enemy army on the march against them. What about something that suggests a long stand nation that has a system of better communication improving reaction time for when asking for reinforcements or mobilizing their army when in their home territory?
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 10:03 am

Minor Border Expansion would give you that land since it's somewhat in your control.
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 10:08 am

Excellent to know! Thank you very much.
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 10:34 am

What exactly is the golden age requirement? Does that bring any benefits or what does that do?
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 10:36 am

It's all listed there under .. Culture I think, Golden Ages and Dark Ages. By the way Ezria ; Mabiya no longer counts toward your population and you can no longer buy Elvish units until they have a certain Happiness rating otherwise you'll need the Vassal States trait.
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 10:43 am

Well, wait what does that mean? Does my population go down then if Mabiya no longer counts towards it?
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 10:46 am

You still have 129,XXX or whatever. For Military Points you only have Ezria's numbers. Once you get Mabiya's Happiness up to a certain level you'll be able to recruit and count their population amongst your own again. Vassal States fixes most of that at the stead of self-autonomy though.
Back to top Go down
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 11:39 am

Possible territory traits:

Promised Land - The kingdom's homeland is sacred to its people. It could have been promised by their god, discovered at the end of a great migration, inhabited by the spirits of their ancestors, or simply a case of manifest destiny. Because of the great significance of the land, the people treasure it, but are reluctant to move away.
- Colonies cost twice as much EP to start and sustain
- Cultural expansions cost twice as much
- Generates 3 more culture points per week
- Units fight more effectively in home territory

Alternately...

Abundance - The kingdom was blessed with a rich and abundant territory, which is both naturally beautiful and overflowing with valuable resources.
- Cities in the kingdom gain 2 happiness a week
- Player starts with a third resource
- Greater chance of finding resources in territory
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 11:44 am

Promised Land works. You want 10 EP or CP, Talis?
Back to top Go down
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 11:46 am

EP please, money is always good.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 11:48 am

Your post is up Talis in the War Thread.

I'm going to let Caexi moderate everything though, but I'm just letting you know your post is up so you can post if you'd like. It's more of a sitting on your hands post though since you don't know that Sessau and Ezria are about to bring the pain, but go right ahead anyway!
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 1:08 pm

With the fortress construct, are the walls thick enough that soldiers can be mounted on them?
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 1:16 pm

They have soldiers posted on the corner towers, but none on the walls.
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 2:00 pm

Fortress don't allow troops on the walls...darn thats problamatic...

EDIT: Question about goverments. With the new system I notice Ezria changed goverments is it because of his addition of elves forcing him to change goverment types or can we change them with the update as well.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 6:34 pm

You can change your government any time you want with a reasonable D2D. He changed his because of Mabiya however.

Like if Regent Thane loses and doesn't step down and can hold power somehow, Despotism boom!
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 6:40 pm

No nope Despotism not after slapping the hands of those soldiers earlier...ok then I'd definately keeping the Republic as my Goverment. I know one will be freedom and the two traits in it hard decision for the other trait and two sub traits...very hard. I'll message you definately before friday about mine though. Hopefuly Thrag wins otherwise...idk I'll be in deep kimchi for sure...
Back to top Go down
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 10:23 pm

Question for Theo: I've noticed that other people are going ahead and initiating diplomatic contact without getting modmarks for it. Considering this, and the fact that very few of my expeditions have made contact with other kingdoms, can I make contact? If so, are there any restrictions?

Of course, I'm not referring to right this moment, since most of my ships are tied up. I'm more wondering in the scheme of things.
Back to top Go down
Ejrahk

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 9:17 am

Suggestion:

Can we make possibly a sub-category under light infantry for mounted archers? Maybe require a supply of wood and an extra military point to purchase them- or go along the bronze/iron/mithril scheme of the arrowheads and effectiveness of the bows.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Questions / Suggestions
Page 8 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next