Warring Fronts RPG Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warring Fronts RPG Forum

Warring Fronts is a medieval fantasy nation RPG forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

General Discussion

Go down 
+12
Aspen
Merenaz
Caexi
Zhufor
Rambo'neil
Bynaar
Thor
Ezria
Jaymes
Talis
Sage of Mirrors
Mille Sessau
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 36  Next
AuthorMessage
Mille Sessau
Admin

General Discussion - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 8:03 pm

Actually.

Sessau = Standard Ships. Veteran Ships versus non-Humans.
Talis = Standard Ships. Veteran Ships via Professional Army > Decreased fighting prowess via Halfling malus.
Ezria = Standard Ships.

Kthx. Elite > Veteran > Standard.
Back to top Go down
http://warringfronts.forumotion.com
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 8:10 pm

Well that's good to clear up. Makes me even more annoyed of course. You just had to take my elite Triremes away.

I notice the Naval Traditions trait is gone, even though it would fit well in the Military Civic (without the stacking problems, even). Perhaps as a replacement, players should be able to pick Masters of the Realm: Oceans?
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 8:12 pm

Shidran Fleet of 2 Biremes, 10 Triremes and 2 Galleys vs Sessauan-Ezrian Fleet of 6 Biremes, 3 Triremes and 1 Galley.

It's 14 vs 10. Although it's basically even with the Halflings' less morale and Humans increased morale.

I like that.

I'm working on the Kingdom Civic which would be like that unique factor of finality.

So far I've got

Masters of the Realm

Arcane Understanding

and that's it. I might add Colonialism on that, but I want some really unique things. I was thinking of

Unique Units and allowing like a half dozen different units like some beasts/creatures ; Dragons, Wyverns, et cetera. Still thinking it through though.
Back to top Go down
Caexi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 8:17 pm

I am getting there Theo, be patient my friend. Had to get an understanding of the city my troops are about to get into from their location.
Back to top Go down
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 8:20 pm

Yeah, you like that cause suddenly your troops have a slim chance of winning. I still have you outgunned in terms of tonnage though.
Back to top Go down
Caexi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 8:40 pm

I feel the same way you do Talis but instead of ships I have his spearmen, the reinforcements, and his host of LC in my land.
Back to top Go down
Ejrahk

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 8:51 pm

High Natural Resources trait reimplemented

Advanced Husbandry trait from the old WF- foodstuffs economic value is raised by 1 EP and cavalry nodes fight at increased speed or efficiency.

Traveling Troupers- Allows the purchase of traveling entertainers. For each purchase of 2 EP point 2 amount of happiness and culture is spread. Maintenance per week is 1 EP, but for each unit supported they generate 1 CP. Maybe be used to spread culture among other countries. Maybe their effect can be increased and spread 5 happiness for each city featuring a theater they perform in. Sometimes troupes are built of unsavory characters, and can occasionally cause unrest due to crime.

Aggressive Economics- Your country is ruthless in business deals. For each trade agreement struck you gain +1 Ep, however, trade agreements are more likely to lead to complications due to the undercutting of native markets. (talis you inspired me on that one when you played havoc on ezria in the old wf rofl)

Specialized Masons- Your country has perfected 1 type of building material into an artform- Stone or wood. constructs built using the preferred resource have their cost reduced by 25 percent. Your masons are sought after and can be hired by other countries for economic points. Countries who hire masons have their specific project cost reduced by 25 percent. The material not specialized has increased construct cost by 25 percent.

Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 8:54 pm

Advocate that in Questions & Suggestions. Good thinking though. Caexi post! Neutral
Back to top Go down
Caexi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 9:01 pm

Oh chill homie its coming. Got to remember I type slow now because I have a brace on one hand.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 9:01 pm

Alas. I understand. I have mine all ready because my strategy will be the same regardless of what you do. :/
Back to top Go down
Caexi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 9:24 pm

Are we following established racial traits like elves and dwarves have good night vision Theo?
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 9:27 pm

I don't think so. General Sid couldn't see anything during the last battle.
Back to top Go down
Caexi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 9:32 pm

Well I do believe the dwarven general was outside of the city walls as well as a decent amount away from the combat, but that is just an assumption
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 6:41 am

Nobody mind the new Applications thread. I'm just cleaning up the old thread and making things easier for me.
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 7:13 am

Nah he was fighting with his men, a dwarve doesn't shy away from a battle.

Question wouldn't my reinforcements arrive before Ezria's because of the mod mark on turn 8 had this in notes and Turn 8 was respectively Day 7 because Day 6 was done in two mod marks making Mod Mark 9 Day number 8.

EDIT: Still Three days off before Ezria's Reinforcements get to Agrina as well as two days untill my own reinforcements arrive at the front, so did we just skip ahead? Tecnically there'd still be time to RP some stuff out as well as time for reinforcements to arrive. Honestly wasn't expecting to win and that was as Talis said a Pyrrhic Victory for my forces, the prisioners outnumber them lol.

Notes
-- The Dwarven Fortress is now complete.
-- It is now the end of Turn 8.
-- The "Request for Reinforcements" will reach the Republic at Turn 9.
-- The Republic of Ever-Winter's Reinforcements will arrive at Day 10.
-- The Kingdom of Ezria's Reinforcements from Coronne will arrive at Day 11.
-- No casualties were reported.

EDIT: Also has the casualties from the Second Battle already been subtracted from our applications? In the Mille/Shridus War the Humans and Avians leave Hrothar and head southeast then and aren't waiting for the General and his Bireme? Did they leave the land troops at Hrothar or take them with them? Just need to know that before I skip ahead to the next battle for you all. Edited it, should see general arrive in two mod marks in the current turn 4 forgot about that in the d2d.
Back to top Go down
Ejrahk

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 8:16 am

If his reinforcements are marching from fortress to city, can my troops intercept them?
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 10:07 am

Honestly if your moving siege engines like catapults you should be much slower than me as you have no roads to transport them whereas I do.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 10:59 am

Your troops will arrive soon Jaymes. Ever-Winter is further than Coronne to Agrina.

A blizzard is about to hit though. Hahahaha.
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 12:28 pm

Sadist.
Back to top Go down
Ejrahk

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 12:42 pm

You're gonna be in a city go build a fire lol
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 12:49 pm

Luckily i have all those dwarven bodies to burn! KINDLING! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ejrahk

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 1:32 pm

Cold, bro. Cold. You have fun with the smell
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 1:44 pm

Thought Agrina was somewhere in the middle. Took General Hulagu three mod marks to reach Agrina while the dwarves with a ram, caravan train, and horse it took too add in roads it be roughly same distance regarding time for each force to arrive in Agrina. Oh well, guess Sid's gonna die. Only attacked cuz thought my reinforcements arrive first but they probably got caught up or had to gather because they're spread out in the undermountain realm to ensure security and reduce lawlessness/crime.

Well dwarves aren't honorable but maybe I can get something done about the city and make it difficult for Avian's to take the city who knows. That blizzard will be a blessing or a curse, might bottle up all my reinforcements at Death trap with the units that are at the fortress.
Back to top Go down
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 5:19 pm

So, I'm considering switching to a new nation after Theo posts the Nation Civics. I don't really feel like Shidrus can fulfill its potential with the current mechanics, and I have a fun idea for an alternative. I kind of regret not being able to finish some of the stuff I started, but I think it'll still be interesting.
Back to top Go down
Zhufor

Zhufor

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 6:21 pm

I find the new rules for Monarchy are unfair compared to the others. I would request their bonus revamped from being happy due to Theaters to something that applies to an actual Monarchy such as:

For King and Country!
-- Military Units have slightly enhanced combat prowess.

or

National Pride
-- Generates +2 MP Points for each Hero.

These are just some ideas of course but I find the current one far too imbalanced for the others. Just saying is all.

By the way, I agree. I find it really puts a damper on the specifics of our nations and their individualism.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 30 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Discussion
Page 30 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 36  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warring Fronts RPG Forum :: General :: General Discussion-
Jump to: