Warring Fronts RPG Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warring Fronts RPG Forum

Warring Fronts is a medieval fantasy nation RPG forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

General Discussion

Go down 
+12
Aspen
Merenaz
Caexi
Zhufor
Rambo'neil
Bynaar
Thor
Ezria
Jaymes
Talis
Sage of Mirrors
Mille Sessau
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
AuthorMessage
Caexi
Admin

General Discussion - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 1:38 pm

Yeah sorry about the delay on the mod marks I owe....I have been feeling really under the weather not to mention brain dead. I finally came up with a story to write for your mod mark Zhufor since the two d2ds were about the goblins. -eyes- Playing. Anyways I am working on it right now so should have it up in an hour or so.
Back to top Go down
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 2:29 pm

I should apologize as well for being lax. I'll try to get one done today, between finishing up the Warping Empires reboot and schoolwork.
Back to top Go down
Caexi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 2:47 pm

eh its cool Talis. You are running another forum so that is a lot of work between being a admin over there and moderator over here, not to mention doing your own posts as well as real life. Anyways I accepted your app and of coarse its not complete until the Kingdom Civic is up which goes the same for the rest of us.
Back to top Go down
Hyksos

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 6:40 pm

Hey there. I signed up for your site awhile back but chose to wait as you were undergoing renovations. Now that you're done I will be posting my topic.
Back to top Go down
Caexi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 6:46 pm

Sounds good Hyksos. There is still one trait tree under construction, but the others have been completed enough to be able to rp.
Back to top Go down
Hyksos

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 7:07 pm

Ok. Question. I see that there is another nation with multiple races. Do I need a specific Government type to do this or can I just have it? Just so you know, it'll be a total of 2.
Back to top Go down
Caexi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 7:15 pm

To start with two races you need to start with the government Confederacy and pick which race will be primary and which will be secondary. The primary race will provide your kingdom with its bonus and malus.

Ie: I am the Confederacy of Caexi with Elf Primary and Orc Secondary.
The bonus and malus I get are: Old Kingdoms and Silvan/ Deliberative and Ancient Peoples.

You do not get to pick which bonus and malus you get. You get whichever belongs to the primary race. Overtime though you can gain more races in your kingdom through expansion and conquest as with Kingdom of Ezria who is Avian and Elf because he took over the former Kingdom of Mabyia.
Back to top Go down
Hyksos

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 7:53 pm

Is it possible to have multiple races without being a Confederacy? I mean, It's kind of unrealistic if you have to be a confederacy to have multiple peoples in your society. Plus, it doesn't state that you must be a Confederacy to have multiple races. It did originally, but not in the new one.
Back to top Go down
Ejrahk

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 9:03 pm

i'm not quite sure.

I know that Ejrahk started out human and now has an elven subpopulation through RP, but it was a confederacy to begin with.

I would write everything else and soon as theo pops out of whatever hole he fell into we'll ask him
Back to top Go down
Hyksos

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 9:08 pm

Thank you, that's what I'll do.
Back to top Go down
Caexi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 10:21 pm

It still does say it on the how kingdoms operated right above the chart of races.

Quote :
The kingdoms race, as of right now, is to choose what 100% of the kingdoms population will be made up of. This may change later as the meta game evolves, but as of now all kingdoms start out as a single race (Confederacy type of government has allowed for this to change). The first choice here is to choose a race, all races have their own individual pros and cons, so choose wisely.

Now I don't know if this is changing with the final update to the trait system -puts hands together and prays that it is-. But yes right out your kingdom how you want it, but be mindful that you might have to change to Confederacy government if Theo is keeping that particular requirement for having two races.
Back to top Go down
Zhufor

Zhufor

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 34 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 12:27 pm

Where the hell is everyone!? O.O
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 34 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 1:00 pm

Waiting paitently for my moderator mark though if you wish we can continue about your king and the mining clans weather they accept or shoot down the purposal, or figure out what the Holds of Karag Mor are sending to aid (if you've not sent a message to Mille Sessau about that) in the diplomatic thread then notify Mille about it with a PM, and then continue with possible trade when my moderator mark comes in at a latter date?
Back to top Go down
Zhufor

Zhufor

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 34 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 1:16 pm

Sounds good to me. Although, I should be having a large amount of troops popping out.
Back to top Go down
Caexi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 34 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 1:39 pm

Well that is a good question Zhufor cause I don't know. I am stuck on pretty much all my rps since I have no negotiations going on so its just my D2D and Battle. I am waiting on Theo to answer a couple questions before I can get your Set-Piece Battle Mark up.
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 34 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 2:00 pm

Well, I don't know what Theo is doing so..Caexi you might to fill in on some mod marks here. For Agrina and I could take over moderating your invasion of Mille's colony, I know Talis is really busy with WE.
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 34 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 2:04 pm

Alright that's what we'll do then. Though might wanna message him about your troops because otherwise he probably won't know about them. I mean our negotiations have taken some time, but it's very fun none the less. Maybe I could help Caexi? I did some battle posts regarding the Halflings/Avians/Humans unless it's like a question concerning the goblin forces in which case can't help but if it's about outline of the battle I was informed to just look at past battles moded by Mille and make sure there were appropriate notes and all that jazz and to make sure to take into account all the nations bonus'/malus' for troops and what not.
Back to top Go down
Caexi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 34 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 2:19 pm

No my main thing is in regards to casualties. I have my own system I can use, but I would prefer to know what method Theo is using. I have sent a couple PMs to Theo, just waiting on a response. Also I did PM everyone, but I would suggest copying down your kingdoms information and what not and save it off of the board.
Back to top Go down
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 34 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 5:49 pm

I must assume a little fault for the slowdown. I do intend to keep active here, but I haven't quite finished the Tech system in Warping Empires, which is slowing me down some. I think I may have stolen some of Theo's interest as well, he's been lurking around WE a lot this last week or two. Try catching him there if you need him.
Back to top Go down
Zhufor

Zhufor

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 34 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 6:05 pm

Question Jaymes. Should I assume your message has already arrived along with a Diplomatic Party or shall I take it as just getting the message?
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 34 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 10:11 pm

Sorry everybody.

I was playing on Warping Empires and we're in dead week at my university so studying is kicking my ass. I'm back!

I'll be on tomorrow for sure. Just letting you guys know I'm still here, I was on Warping Empires helping Talis out, I apologize everybody. ModMarks, Apps and everything will be up tomorrow guys!
Back to top Go down
http://warringfronts.forumotion.com
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 34 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 11:19 pm

I'll do my best to help as well. I get an extra day off this easter, so I'll try to get my first D2D out and maybe negotiate with someone.

I do have to say though - it was really amusing to write my timeline. Elves have such long lifespans that I have individuals older than the entire kingdom of Ezria.
Back to top Go down
Zhufor

Zhufor

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 12:00 am

Not to diss your timeline or anything but some of it is in contest with my own history. Plus, you're lacking a large time period where the Dwarves of Karag Mor and the Elves were at peace, writing things and studying stuff together. And the Dwarves left cause they believed the Elves defeated, though the high casualties inflicted on them is quite true. Remember, the elves invaded Dwarven Lands, one reason for a lack of Holds now. And it wasn't so base as to walk up and demand money, it was more like them walking up and saying the resources of the regions around the mountains were theirs. :3
Back to top Go down
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 12:11 am

There's a five-hundred year gap between contact with the dwarves and the first war. That's an entire dwarven lifespan, or a few generations. And yes, the first war is pretty much the dwarves demanding (and getting) a huge amount of elven resources.

I am leaving a bit of a gap to chalk up to historical inaccuracy and different opinions, however. The elves claim that the dwarves were the aggressors due to their demands for more resources. The dwarves likely have their own point of view, possibly involving evil elven rituals with honored dwarven dead. The Siege of Eraenhil is likewise debatable - by the end both factions where devestated. The elves had been reduced to a few thousand individuals (their defenses were mostly undead) and were broken as a regional power. They still claim it as a victory because they survived, but all their other towns were sacked and they wouldn't recover for several thousand years.

So yeah, we get to argue about this - but in the context of the elves and dwarves arguing about whose fault the war was some three or four thousand years ago.
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 8:59 am

Either way's fine with me dude, you can say diplomatic party which will include the Regent and you can randomly choose the second Thane if you want (can't choose general cuz he's dead and no one knows yet so no replacement just yet other two thanes are Flint Stokes or Steel Brimstone, currently none for one of the other clans till I get a mod mark cuz you can't be Regent and a Than within the Republic Hopefully it's Thrag Shields but who knows could get a random character as the new thane which would shake things up more). Or you could randomly choose Quil Tome because he's a rising star within the Republic and has quite a bit of influence or choose Ironfist seeing as he's the military stand in at home at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 34 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Discussion
Page 34 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35, 36  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warring Fronts RPG Forum :: General :: General Discussion-
Jump to: