Warring Fronts RPG Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warring Fronts RPG Forum

Warring Fronts is a medieval fantasy nation RPG forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Different Racial Bonuses?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mille Sessau
Admin

Different Racial Bonuses? Empty
PostSubject: Different Racial Bonuses?   Different Racial Bonuses? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 4:46 pm

I really want all the different races to be unique and I'm somewhat unhappy with the racial bonuses for the Goblins, Dwarves and Drow.

Does anybody have a proposed solution?
Back to top Go down
http://warringfronts.forumotion.com
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Different Racial Bonuses?   Different Racial Bonuses? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 6:24 pm

Dwarves:

Masterful Stoneworking- Dwarves are master masons and stonecutters, able to build grand structures easily thanks to their craftsmanship and architecture. This craftsmanship allows them to make use of stone which other races would consider too fragile to work with and build structures that would otherwise require vast quarries.
* Dwarves may build stone constructs for X fewer economic points than other races

OR

* Dwarves do not require the stone resource for construction

Drow:

Arcane Blood- Drow are born with magic in their veins. While elves are masters of its study and exploit it after long practice, Drow simply tap into the raw ability present in their race. This inborn magic gives them very limited spellcasting abilities even without the Arcane Understanding trait.
* Drow may recruit spellswords & use the following spell without the Arcane Understanding trait.
Arcane Burst - A burst of magic energy that burns enemies and causes great pain or even death upon contact with an enemy. Army can absorb the bolt, reducing its effectiveness. (Costs 1 mana)

Alternately (this one might work for goblins too):

Night Vision- Drow are creatures of the dark, disliking the bright light of the sun and preferring the darkness of caverns or nightfall. Their eyes are highly sensitive, being able to see even in pitch darkness. This night-vision allows Drow to stage ambushes or fight battles in the darkness, where their enemies will be nearly blind and at a disadvantage.
* Drow receive no penalties for espionage or combat at night
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Different Racial Bonuses?   Different Racial Bonuses? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 7:01 pm

But would they retain the ability to have underground kingdoms?
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: Different Racial Bonuses?   Different Racial Bonuses? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 9:59 pm

I hope so for the Dwarves at least I'm banking on that lol. I'll wait till the Races get's sorted out till continuing working on my nation. Be bad to find out that it changed and gotta start off with something else. (Yes I'm currently going Dwarves!)
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Different Racial Bonuses?   Different Racial Bonuses? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 10:01 pm

I don't want to give the Dwarves, Goblins and Drow 2 Racial Bonuses but I'm just not sure how to fix the problem.
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: Different Racial Bonuses?   Different Racial Bonuses? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 10:13 pm

Definately wouldn't be fair to the other races because then those three could have 2 racial bonus' and negatives while others only get one but then you got three with the same Bonus that it'd be prudent to build underground because better defenses and can do hit and run tactics but still bad cuz any one chosing those races will simply have a different weakness unless they choose to build aboveground. Very tricky situation you got there boss man.

Goblins though could possibly change their bonus. I mean what I know about goblins is they build builds into the ground with like the roofs almost leveling the ground but otherwise don't build cities in mountains but live in natural caves and the like. Some different trait for them, something that gives them an edge in battle purhaps cuz in stuff I've read they always have overwhelming forces that just keep coming to win any battle something that gives them an edge number wise in battle to offset that Weak Willed part? Idk
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Different Racial Bonuses?   Different Racial Bonuses? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 10:15 pm

In Warring Fronts v1.0 they had High Breeding Rate which was like +1,500 Birthrate. Could go with that.
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: Different Racial Bonuses?   Different Racial Bonuses? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 10:18 pm

Yea you could go with that. As for the Dow I never read nothing about them till this so can't provide any helpfull suggestions there.
Back to top Go down
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Different Racial Bonuses?   Different Racial Bonuses? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 1:44 pm

One option would be to have two weaknesses, or perhaps a much more crippling single weakness, along with multiple advantages. Another option would be to make Underground Tunneling a National trait that can only be taken by certain races, and give the races themselves different traits. Personally I'd really like to see Night Vision as a racial trait. It would be an interesting dynamic in combat.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Different Racial Bonuses?   Different Racial Bonuses? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 2:24 pm

Talis, read the newest entry in Theo's Blog & Updates.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Different Racial Bonuses?   Different Racial Bonuses? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Different Racial Bonuses?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warring Fronts RPG Forum :: General :: Suggestions & Questions-
Jump to: