Warring Fronts RPG Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warring Fronts RPG Forum

Warring Fronts is a medieval fantasy nation RPG forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Questions / Suggestions

Go down 
+7
Zhufor
Bynaar
Rambo'neil
Ezria
Talis
Jaymes
Mille Sessau
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Talis
Admin

Questions / Suggestions - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 12:05 am

two problems with that. The first one is rather minor, but the second one is a major flaw:

1. It violates the idea of allowing empires to have a predisposition. Yes, you can develop in one direction and get stronger in it, but I can't do anything to make it easier to develop Shidrus' economy faster than, say, Ezria's. I would want to pick traits that let me buy military and economic constructs cheaper, possibly at the price of cultural and internal.

2. Constructs are bought with EP. Thus, economic constructs and traits are going to have preferential treatment over culture and military.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 12:08 am

I disagree with your first one, as many of the traits were redesigned with that in mind.

You're correct in the second, however the system still works in that:

Resources > Economic Points > Constructs > Specialty.
Back to top Go down
http://warringfronts.forumotion.com
Caexi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 12:34 pm

So I have an observation of the races with the new setup, since I am truely unsure about the future of Caexi, but will wait to see the completed trait system.

Strongest Races: Human, Hafling, and Avians.

These races are the strongest out of the group with their pros and cons, especially the humans. Humans are the strongest race out of the selection pool with 2 good pros and only 1 malus.

Middle Races: Orc, Goblins, Dwarves.

Even though dwarves might be popular their pro for only building underground kingdoms isn't really a pro, just following established racial feature and the same applies for the Drow.

Weakest Races: Lizardmen, Drows, and Elves

As I stated before the Elves and Drow pro for magic becomes absent unless a player chooses magic for a trait. The Lizardmen second pro is a negative since it has no benifit because it gives a -1 Happiness for each city.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 12:37 pm

Humans NEED a second malus.

Halflings have limited resource and war ability.

Avians have decreased diplomacy and basically are stunted from buying mercenaries.

Orcs, Goblins and Dwarves are good.

I'll give Elves and Drow another trait as soon as you recommend one Caexi.

And Lizardmen have -1 Happiness per city.

All other races have -2. I don't understand?
Back to top Go down
Caexi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 12:53 pm

Me coming up with traits isn't very good. I tend to think of things which end up being overpowered even in my view.

As for the Lizardmen I stand corrected, though it does depend on how heavy 'Happiness' applies into the game.

Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 1:00 pm

Well I'm thinking it'd be kinda blah if kept around the 65% range while below 50/45% would be bad junk happening like that whole elven army against ezria. I'd guess it had part to do with bad happiness of that city. Anything above like 75/80% you'd see some positive junk happening with your ppl less crime and stuff like that as well meaning less random bad junk in mod marks for you. That's what I think how happiness works though don't qoute me. Personally I'd just keep it above 65% no matter what just to be on the safe side cuz obviously if we start off at that bad stuff wouldn't be too bad at that % or whatever the malus is for 65% happiness.

Which one are your replacing for the elves and drow or are you undecided.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 1:02 pm

Drow get Swords for Hire bonus. Elves get Bound to the Land.

Humans got Disunity malus.
Back to top Go down
Ejrahk

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 3:53 pm

Has magic been completely removed from the game? I was thinking of choosing it
Back to top Go down
Caexi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 4:28 pm

Theo when will you have the Kingdom Civic up? I would like to figure out whether or not I am going to keep Caexi.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 4:30 pm

It won't be up soon since I'm the only Moderator who is giving input on this shindig, but Masters of the Plains is one of the 6 on it.

Masters of the Realms, Arcane Understanding are the only two I've got on it so far. Not sure if Colonialism will be on it. Most likely.
Back to top Go down
Ejrahk

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 6:45 pm

Here are my thoughts:

1. I am probably going to redo Ejrahk. Arcane understanding is going to allow me to choose magic, correct? If so, I will redo Ejrahk with the understanding that magic will be chosen and available.

2. Why do having orcs be barbarians create a baseline of -5 happiness? Being a barbarian doesn't mean you're unhappy. I would find it quite the enjoyable life. Barbarian is kind of relative to me, anyways. Orcs would be considered uncivilized and barbaric by the rest of the known world, but they can be quite content and justified in what is a different lifestyle. We branded Native American barbaric savages simply because they refused to sit in a house and adopt our ways. They weren't unhappy (at least not until we started to take their land, women, and murder). In fact, they considered us the savages for needing a clock to tell when we're hungry.

Also, why does call of the wild mean they can form alliances with goblins? o.o

Suggestions:

I would set down as the malus for Orcs as something that limits or prohibits constructs and cultural options. Perhaps economic and cultural costs are increased by 50 percent to reflect the primitive tools and ability to build, and take a -1 economic point hit on all trade agreements.

Why did beastmen get taken out of warring fronts? I loved the beastmen. Sad

This is all suggestions, if you don't want to do it I completely understand.

Back to top Go down
Ejrahk

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 8:57 pm

High Natural Resources trait reimplemented

Advanced Husbandry trait from the old WF- foodstuffs economic value is raised by 1 EP and cavalry nodes fight at increased speed or efficiency.

Traveling Troupers- Allows the purchase of traveling entertainers. For each purchase of 2 EP point 2 amount of happiness and culture is spread. Maintenance per week is 1 EP, but for each unit supported they generate 1 CP. Maybe be used to spread culture among other countries. Maybe their effect can be increased and spread 5 happiness for each city featuring a theater they perform in. Sometimes troupes are built of unsavory characters, and can occasionally cause unrest due to crime.

Aggressive Economics- Your country is ruthless in business deals. For each trade agreement struck you gain +1 Ep, however, trade agreements are more likely to lead to complications due to the undercutting of native markets. (talis you inspired me on that one when you played havoc on ezria in the old wf rofl)

Specialized Masons- Your country has perfected 1 type of building material into an artform- Stone or wood. constructs built using the preferred resource have their cost reduced by 25 percent. Your masons are sought after and can be hired by other countries for economic points. Countries who hire masons have their specific project cost reduced by 25 percent. The material not specialized has increased construct cost by 25 percent.

for kingdom civics
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 9:00 pm

Aggressive Economics is good, but not strong enough. Hmm.

Advanced Husbandry is too specialized.

It needs to be like a hugely encompassing trait.

So far I've got Master of the Realms which is going to give wide ranging bonuses like movement, increased resources in that biome and logistics.

Arcane Understanding will allot for magic in the kingdom.

I want a super cultural trait, a super economic one, a super military one, et cetera.
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 8:15 am

If I decommisioned units like say for example I decided to scrap 4 catapults would I then be refunded the initial MP it cost to purchase them?
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 8:28 am

I didn't when I let go 5 LI for 5 Skirmishers. They came outta my MP income for the week (regarding maintence) and then I let them go and got 5 Skirmishers (RP'd it out that they were given different weapons same units).

Question regarding mine and Zhufor's Iron problem. Why can't we simply mine our own halfs and it be a Reduced Iron Vein of like +1 EP and allows 10 military companies per node? Does one of us absolutely have to own it cuz otherwise stubborn dwarves ain't never agreeing lol.
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 8:29 am

Yeah but technically you shouldn't have been allowed to do that. Theo told me that converting units wasn't allowed. Believe me, I tried. I wanted archers for Agrina lmao.
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 8:35 am

Told me the same thing for ppl in the war. But those at home not fighting and wouldn't be used in immediate fighting like the 3rd or your own troops in the battle area couldn't just change. Had to be troops back home and I didn't wanna simple RP it as firing my troops so I RP'd it as re-fitting them with different weapons.

Agrina troops on either side I understood. Be gayness of our troops to suddenly, in the feild fighting against an enemy, change from light infantry to skirmishers. Completely resonable I thought cuz where'd they suddenly get the weapons and enough arrows in the feild. You have what you carriered and the whole thing with LI not having any ranged weapons ment all our crossbows and bows before hand our forces used up the arrows so even if they changed wouldn't have the equipment to make them usefull type of dealio.

EDIT: Apart from the Iron question i got another one as well regarding stone. If I trade it to moderately to Zhufor can I still trade it Moderately to Mille as well. I'd lose the ability to build stone stuff I take it as well as the EP income but I'd gain whatever I trade with those two yes? (So if Iron can be split between us I can trade Stone and still receive the full iron resources basically?) Trading seems complicated to me -_-
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 10:59 am

There is no trading minor, moderately or massively.

Trading has been simplified. Look it over again please.
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 1:59 pm

Oh ok seems simpler. Can I make two trades with stone and just stop getting the bonus for the stone resource and it goes to whom I trade? I'd still own it but it just be going out to other empires basically right?
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 10:43 pm

Nope. You trade for each Resource Node.
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 6:07 am

So if Shridus is scrapping his Kingdom, what do we say happend for the Mille-Shridus war?
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 8:00 am

So it's effectively 1 trade per 1 node?
Back to top Go down
Caexi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 9:25 am

Jaymes...Yeah its 1 Major Trade to 1 Major Trade and +/- EP or you could do a couple minor trades and +/- EP agreement for 1 Major Trade.

At least that is how I understand the trading system.
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 9:31 am

Thanks, wasn't really grasping that aspect of it. Was working on a bookshelve and box last night till like 5 so not all here.
Back to top Go down
Caexi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 9:49 am

Oh I know the feeling there Jaymes...Mine isn't sleep depreviation though but drug induced since I am taking hydrocodine for my fractured wrist.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 14 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Questions / Suggestions
Page 14 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next