Warring Fronts RPG Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warring Fronts RPG Forum

Warring Fronts is a medieval fantasy nation RPG forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Union of Shidrus / Mille Sessau

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Talis
Admin

Union of Shidrus / Mille Sessau - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Union of Shidrus / Mille Sessau   Union of Shidrus / Mille Sessau - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 5:31 pm

A small group of halflings who had been speaking a little ways away looked up, one of them in military dress with the golden tri-shield of a captain. Seeing the foreigners, the captain turned back to the other halflings and spoke something in their own tongue. The group split as the halflings went off to their various duties, but the captain and one other halfling approached Eugene.

"You are from Sessua?" The captain asked, raising his hat in greeting to the likely befuddled foreigner. Lishdin had left a report of his encounter at Lashid, so every halfling in the area knew of the strangers. "I am captain Nire of the Dark Wave, and this is Hanath Dannik, chairman of the the local Hathrkan guildhall. Is there something I can help you with?
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Union of Shidrus / Mille Sessau   Union of Shidrus / Mille Sessau - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 7:57 pm

" It is Sessau! Not Sessua! Sesssssau! (Seh-Swau) " The Captain enunciated. He held his chin high, and his sailors help similar poise. " These are lands claimed by the Empress herself, and you've no right here. I know not of how you discovered this island, but I command you to leave these lands with your men immediately, little one. "
Back to top Go down
http://warringfronts.forumotion.com
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Union of Shidrus / Mille Sessau   Union of Shidrus / Mille Sessau - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 8:13 pm

"Not going to happen." Dannik said flatly.

The captain coughed. "These lands were unmarked, not so much as a settlement or a flag to indicate ownership. Even your own governor du Vaus mentioned nothing of the island - if it was claimed I'm sure he would have made us aware of the fact before we moved in. These lands are a colony of the Union of Shidrus now."
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Union of Shidrus / Mille Sessau   Union of Shidrus / Mille Sessau - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 8:19 pm

The Captain seemed awe struck that he had been denied. His hand initially went for the eloquently embellished hilt at his side, a fine saber attached to it, but he restrained. He turned and marched (his similarly attired and armed sailors in tow) back to the LeBlanc which was promptly, and after some difficulty, cast back to the sea. The vessel caught the western winds and sailed out of sight of the Hrothar Lumber Colony within a half hour.
Back to top Go down
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Union of Shidrus / Mille Sessau   Union of Shidrus / Mille Sessau - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 8:29 pm

Colony of New Mille, Docks

The halfling ship Meras sailed into New Mille's dock a few days after the "incident" at Hrothar. This time there was little need for a grand procession. Ambassador Shinir, also a senior member of the Shalinan guild, disembarked from the ship with an honor guard of four shields. As befitted his position, he was dressed in the finest clothes Shidrus had to offer: a fine, tricornered hat of soft felt and gold-embroidered leather jacket; even his boots were handsomely inlaid, with ivory buttons and soft thread.

"The Ambassador Shinir of the Guild Union of Shidrus, to speak to governor du Vaus of Mille Sessau." The flankshield told the guards at the dock.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Union of Shidrus / Mille Sessau   Union of Shidrus / Mille Sessau - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 8:34 pm

The Empire of Mille Sessau, which depended upon the whims of the Sessauan Empress before anything could be done, was slower to get word of the incident across to it's lesser lieutenants and because of it, Governor du Vaus existed in ignorance. The ambassador was admitted past the docks and into the Governor's Hut, much like before, with two guards at his heels. Governor du Vaus was welcoming if nothing less.

" Greetings friends, I welcome you on behalf of the Empire! "
Back to top Go down
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Union of Shidrus / Mille Sessau   Union of Shidrus / Mille Sessau - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 8:47 pm

"My thanks, governor." Ambassador Shinir replied, tipping his hat to the man. "It is a pleasure to meet you in person. I have been appointed to represent the Union to you and your people, and as a representative of Shalinan I am able to negotiate trade agreements such as you requested." He paused, "but before we get to such pleasurable business, I must ask you something - a few days ago a ship identifying itself with Mille Sessau arrived at one of our colonies, demanding that we vacate it as sovereign land of the Empress. Does Sessau have any such claims beyond New Mille?"
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Union of Shidrus / Mille Sessau   Union of Shidrus / Mille Sessau - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 8:50 pm

Governor du Vaus pondered for a moment. " Mille Sessau does claim lands beyond New Mille, though I could not even point them out to you on a map. I myself was once a surveyor of such lands but am now the governor of this new territory. News travels slowly to the outer world here friend, and I unfortunately have my own problems with frontier attacks, your question would be more poised to the Empress' herself you see. "
Back to top Go down
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Union of Shidrus / Mille Sessau   Union of Shidrus / Mille Sessau - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 8:55 pm

Shinir frowned, disliking the news thoroughly. "I see. . . and did Mille Sessau make any attempts to communicate or enforce its claims, beyond marking them on its own maps? Perhaps leaving some kind of flag or token to mark ownership of the land?" He paused, letting the gravity of the situation sink it. "Governor, I must be frank. . . we must know how the empress is likely to react to such news. I would hate for the promising start to our relationship to be darkened by a misunderstanding."
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Union of Shidrus / Mille Sessau   Union of Shidrus / Mille Sessau - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 8:57 pm

" I know not, halfling. " The Governor seemed disappointed.

" The will of the Empress is the will of Sessau. If she commands it, we obey. I can not tell you as much as I would like, ambassador, for I am only a simple governor. "
Back to top Go down
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Union of Shidrus / Mille Sessau   Union of Shidrus / Mille Sessau - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 9:08 pm

It seemed odd to Shinir that a governor would be characterized as "lowly," but he kept that observation to himself. "And what about New Mille and yourself?" He asked. "Could you perhaps send a missive to the empress, perhaps try and convince her to let us speak about this matter? Perhaps convince her of our desire for a mutually beneficial relationship?" He paused. "Could you arrange passage for an ambassador such as myself to speak with her?"
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Union of Shidrus / Mille Sessau   Union of Shidrus / Mille Sessau - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 10:51 pm

" I can, and for a friend I certainly will! "

Governor du Vaus scribbled a handful down onto a royally embellished parchment, sealed it and handed it off to a nearby servant. " You are welcome to quarter yourself here, as is your crew. It is safer here in New Mille than it is on the frontier. Is this okay, ambassador? "
Back to top Go down
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Union of Shidrus / Mille Sessau   Union of Shidrus / Mille Sessau - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 3:57 pm

"Certainly. Although if I may be so bold, I would like to send my captain off for a few days. I promised my constituents I would send them any news I learned. I think the manner of the confrontation was unsettling to them, but considering their position I cannot blame them." The ambassador admitted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Union of Shidrus / Mille Sessau   Union of Shidrus / Mille Sessau - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Union of Shidrus / Mille Sessau
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2