Warring Fronts RPG Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warring Fronts RPG Forum

Warring Fronts is a medieval fantasy nation RPG forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Holds of Karag Mor/Republic of Ever-Winter

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Zhufor

Zhufor

Holds of Karag Mor/Republic of Ever-Winter Empty
PostSubject: Holds of Karag Mor/Republic of Ever-Winter   Holds of Karag Mor/Republic of Ever-Winter Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 10:01 pm

((For Information pertaining to this post, go to my "Day to Day Life" post.))
Southern Gate:

Garek Whitebeard led a precession of Rangers to the massive gate in the side of the mountain. Behind them the Scholars and Archaeologists stood unmoving as statues, afraid that if they did move the very ground would fall out from under them. Each Ranger had their crossbow drawn, their eyes darting across their field of vision for any possible threats. All had their hoods drawn across their heads except Garek, whom wore his masterwork helmet. The helm kept his face from view while presenting a metal likeliness in its stead. A beard of engraved brass projected from the bottom of the helm, giving it a menacing look. The dwarves weren't taking any chances. As the party reached the gate, Garek motioned for them to halt and looked around with probing eyes.

"Hello there?" He yelled, his voice echoing back to him as it descended down the cave. All that met him was silence.
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: Holds of Karag Mor/Republic of Ever-Winter   Holds of Karag Mor/Republic of Ever-Winter Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 11:59 am

" 'Ello to yourself." a voice echoed back. A soft blue light was seen approaching them, held at an alarming height. Out of the shadows holding a glow worm lamp was commander Ironfist sitting atop a horse. The light from the entrance allowed the Commander to examine the creatures in front of him whose height and build suggested dwarves, "You look like Dwarves, but I take it you'r not from around here if you don't know that this is the South Entrance of the Republic of Ever-Winter. Where do you hail from brothers?" Ironfist asked not overly concerned with the weapons pointed at him as he looked past the man who had the unique looking helmet towards the Scholars behind them.
Back to top Go down
Zhufor

Zhufor

PostSubject: Re: Holds of Karag Mor/Republic of Ever-Winter   Holds of Karag Mor/Republic of Ever-Winter Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 6:27 pm

Garek Whitebeard and his party stared with open mouths as the disembodied voice entered the light. The fact that a another Dwarf Culture had survived was beyond belief. Shaking his head slightly to right his thoughts, Garek silently motioned for the rangers to lower their weapons. Each did after a second of thought, pulling their hoods off to add to their appearance of being friendly. The rangers stood in a general line as the Learned members of the group ran forward to greet their host. They quickly barraged him with endless questions.

"Hello sir!", "Sir, what clan do you hail from?!", "When did your Clan first settle?!" More and more questions spewed out before they were silenced by a whistle. All of them turned to look at Garek before frowning and looking down at their feet. With a few grumbles, the Scholars returned to their spot behind the rangers. When all of them had finally returned to their place Garek cleared his throat and addressed the rider.

"Well then . . . I guess I shall start from the beginning. My name is Garek Whitebeard of the Holds of Karag Mor and me and my expedition," he said, motioning towards the assembled dwarves behind him, "Have come seeking our long lost brethren which apparently we've done . . . " Garek looked to the scholars awkwardly before removing his helmet. "I apologize for my fellow's behavior, it's just we never thought we'd see another Dwarf. To answer your question, my name is Garek Whitebeard and we hail from the South across the massive desert, from the Mountains of Mor. And where is it you hail from kinsmen?"
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: Holds of Karag Mor/Republic of Ever-Winter   Holds of Karag Mor/Republic of Ever-Winter Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 8:53 pm

Suddenly assualted with no small list of questions shouted by scholars who approached far to quickly even if their intentions we civil Ironfist's hand went to his blade where it rested calming the dwarves nerves. The loud whistle from Whitebeard seemed to restore order though which Ironfist was glad for.

"From across a desert in the South you say Garek Whitebear? As for us we are a nation of three different clans. Of the three clans the Purpuras Clan and the Operis Clan, have lived in these mountains since then begining of time. The third clan is called the Scola Clan. They came from mountains far to the east. But let us conduct talks in a more appropriate setting. If you'll follow me I'll take you to the Operis Clan's City, the City of Never-Winter. I hope your eyes don't require as much light as those of above ground, the city is not well lit." Ironfist stated turning his horse and walking into the darkness as other lights came approaching from it's depths to guide their kinsmen in the dark confines of Never-Winter and the South Entrance.
Back to top Go down
Zhufor

Zhufor

PostSubject: Re: Holds of Karag Mor/Republic of Ever-Winter   Holds of Karag Mor/Republic of Ever-Winter Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 9:46 pm

Garek Whitebeard looked on with well concealed amazement. Finally, living Dwarves with a functioning society. Garek had been sure that the rigors of the surface had surely wiped them out. However, he was not displeased with his new discovery. As the other dwarf talked a hundred different scenarios of what would happen when he returned to Karag-Mor went through his head. The Explorers Guild would no doubt laud him for his great discovery. Marble statues of him would adorn the guild hall. No! Gold Statues! Just as he began to race into Dwarven Stereotypical Greed Dreams, Garek stopped himself. Garek was a Dwarf of Science and Discovery, not of lust and greed.

"Aye, we shall follow you. I hope you don't mind if my associates are . . . over zealous in their cartographing of your lands. This has been the first time we've met with a serious Dwarven Society in some time," he said to Ironfist quickly, before turning to yell at the slinking Scholars, "Alright! Pack your kit up and let's get moving! We're going down!"

A cheer went up from his comrades, especially the Rangers, who hadn't been in a decent tunnel for some time. With that, the group followed Ironfist into the depths. As they went down, one of the Scholars remarked on the unusual circumstances that caused these Dwarves to use something as unreliable as horses.
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: Holds of Karag Mor/Republic of Ever-Winter   Holds of Karag Mor/Republic of Ever-Winter Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 9:55 am

Hearing the cheer of excitment behind him Ironfist chuckled. It was said that in the past when the Scola Tribe delved into this very mountain they too were pleased and equally excited to be back underground not to mention finding chambers and caverns that looked promising for a new nation of dwarves.

As they passed through the South Entrance they saw a number of buildings with soldiers entering and exiting. The garrison for the entrance was big enough to house some 2000-2,5000 troops, though who knew the exact number of dwarves for not all of the housing was being used at the moment. Ironfist explained to his kinsmen, "There's only two entrances or gates into our Republic. One which you came through and another near our northern settlements of Ever-Winter and Black Lake City. Each can hold a sizeable force of Infantry. Our cavalry units though don't use the barracks but ride out from the city should the entrance be in need."

As they were entering the city limits of Never-Winter they could see mining for stone being done by dwarves. Horses larger then the one Commander Ironfist rode where pulling the huge blocks of stone out of the quarry through brute force. Informing the Dwarves behind him like a guide for tourists, "The Operis clan used to push and drag those huge blocks out themselves but with the arrival of the Scola clan brought horses. The biggest were used in the quarries and it increased the output. It also strengthened the beasts up and now any horse after working a few years can become part of our heavy cavalry. Fearsome beasts when they charge, the very mountains themselves shake." Ironfist exagerated with a backwards grin to the dwarves following him.

Entering the City of Never-Winter Commander Ironfist brought the dwarven expedition to Thane Flint Stokes and introduced him, "Garek Whitebeard of the Mor Mountains this is the Operis Clan Thane, Thane Flint Stokes." The young dwarve with a single braided black beard smiled and greeted Garek with a firm shake of his hand. An average sized dwarve the Thane was nothing short of ordinary apart from his natural inclanation towards stone and mining.

"Welcome to Never-Winter Garek. Now what can we do for eachother?" the thane said pleasantly.

(OOC: See description of Flint Stokes and description of Never-Winter in my application please)
Back to top Go down
Zhufor

Zhufor

PostSubject: Re: Holds of Karag Mor/Republic of Ever-Winter   Holds of Karag Mor/Republic of Ever-Winter Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 7:36 pm

Garek Whitebeard accepted the hand of Thane Flint Stokes graciously before stepping back and bowing in unison with the other Scholars. It was most impolite to not bow to your host in Mor Society. Garek Whitebeard quickly recomposed his men and stepped forward once more. He liked the Thane's attitude. It was one of respect but also one of a straight to the point business man. This Garek Whitebeard liked most of all, for it meant that he would be able to do truly good work with him. His title too pleased Garek, a title shared by two cultures of the same people. Garek thought out his words carefully before speaking.

"Myself and my Expedition graciously thank you for your acceptance into your fine city. It is a marvel, if I may say, that another Dwarven Culture yet survives. We thought ourselves the last. Now, to what we can do for each other, there is much. My Lord, King Kurgen Forgebeard, has hoped for such a chance to unite our kinsmen together so that we may yet survive the havoc of this world. What my lord proposes is that our two Cultures are to be united in Alliance to defeat all those who would see the Dwarves wiped from history."

Garek turned and whistled to one of the Rangers, a higher ranking veteran by the looks of his armor, who deposited a cylinder of runed marble into Gareks hand, along with a sheet of paper. Another Ranger stepped forward with a lit torch and held it below the cylinder, causing it to turn from a deep grey to a bright red orange. With the paper set on the floor, Garek rolled the cylinder across it's surface, leaving trails of smoking paper behind it. As it cooled, the meaning of the movement was shown. Across the paper, Runes had burned their shape into the paper, forming proper sentences numerous enough to fill several pages of a book. Garek solemnly returned the cylinder to the Ranger who placed it carefully back into it's place in his bag. With everything returned Garek drew the paper from the floor and presented it to Flint.

"This Document contains all the information of the treaty my lord presents. Read it at your will and discretion but this is the extent of my abilities to negotiate other than simple trade treaties. I can offer any information you wish on my Homelands Economy if you wish."

Oath of Kinship
- Unites the two Dwarven Societies so that in times of War, the other will come to support the first.
- Unites the two Dwarven Societies so that in times of Economical troubles, the other will support the first.
- Unites the two Dwarven Societies so that both will speak of troubles so that both will remain united.
- Unites the two Dwarven Societies with a Council that will unite the ruling castes of both as brothers.
- Empty space where any other modifications to the original treaty can be made.
- Multiple areas where signatures can be made.

Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: Holds of Karag Mor/Republic of Ever-Winter   Holds of Karag Mor/Republic of Ever-Winter Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 8:28 pm

When Garek and his fellow scholars bowed to Flint he was taken back. It wasn't the republic's way to bow to another dwarvf. Out of respect the Thane stood at attention, the dwarves of the republic following suit, and hit their fists to their chest. Their own way of showing proper respect. But then Thane Flint was amazed and intrigued at the transportation of the document. To be so cleverly hidden was interesting and of great use.

Grabbing a nearby glow worm lamp the Thane read over the brief document that was straight and to the point.

Oath of Kinship
- Unites the two Dwarven Societies so that in times of War, the other will come to support the first.
- Unites the two Dwarven Societies so that in times of Economical troubles, the other will support the first.
- Unites the two Dwarven Societies so that both will speak of troubles so that both will remain united.
- Unites the two Dwarven Societies with a Council that will unite the ruling castes of both as brothers.
- Empty space where any other modifications to the original treaty can be made.
- Multiple areas where signatures can be made.

"I cannot sign or answer for our Regent Thrag Sheilds but it seems your King Kurgen Forgebeard wishes not only a military alliance between our people but also a economical alliance to help our nations grow yes?" Thane Flint asked recognizing most of the runes on the paper. Clearly these two nations had ties to one another long ago but obviously grew apart through the ages.
Back to top Go down
Zhufor

Zhufor

PostSubject: Re: Holds of Karag Mor/Republic of Ever-Winter   Holds of Karag Mor/Republic of Ever-Winter Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 8:55 pm

Garek smiled widely as Flint read the over the Oath of Kinship. He was filled with with joy at this event, at how close they were to uniting the Dwarves once again. As Flint finished and began to speak, Garek raised an eyebrow at the title of "Regent". The term was unfamiliar to Garek, however he had a basic understanding of it's underlining meaning.

"Aye, I understand. And yes, my Lord wishes to unite the Dwarves in an Alliance that rivals that of Old. It has been a dream of his for some time. It has long been known by our Scholars that our nations may have once been united as one great Nation. Since those Golden Ages, our Nation has declined due to the threats of the younger races. King Kurgen wishes to repair the damage that was done by our ancestors."
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: Holds of Karag Mor/Republic of Ever-Winter   Holds of Karag Mor/Republic of Ever-Winter Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 1:53 pm

"Well, we'll meet the Regent at the Grand Hall of Thanes tomorrow. It takes about day for news to travel from Never-Winter to Ever-Winter and the Black Lake City. Untill then I'll allow your scholars to meet with ours, Commander Ironfist will show them the way. As for the threats from younger races we dwarves of the Republic know this fact all too well." the thane stated with a shake of his head.

As Ironfist led the scholars out to go meet with the Operis clans own scholars in the libraries Flint asked, "Do you happen to play Kahes Garek we can entertain ourselves till the evening meal. You'll can stay at my house tonight Garek. Your kinsmen from the Mor Mountains will likely receive similar offers. If you'd arrived at the North Entrance you'd be allowed to stay at the palace. Besides it no one dwarf has a large home unless you count a tavern with good ale to be a home." the young dwarve joked with a laugh.

(OOC: Lets say Kahes is similar to Chess and a Dwarven game? Also dwarven hospitality in the Republic, no inns within the republic so guests are generally offered the hospitality of their host. Due to my Honorable trait my dwarves that have a guest also accepts the responsibility to keep them safe, that's how I'm RPing my ppl anyways.)
Back to top Go down
Zhufor

Zhufor

PostSubject: Re: Holds of Karag Mor/Republic of Ever-Winter   Holds of Karag Mor/Republic of Ever-Winter Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 4:38 pm

((Sounds good to me. Brings our cultures that much closer.))

Garek grinned, his moustache revealing his pearl white teeth. It seemed to Garek that these Dwarves were nor more different to his culture then two twins. One in the same in his mind. The joke following the statement made it all the clearer, showing neither dwarf cultures had lost their sense of humor.

"Aye Lad, it's a game I played back in my youth. Sport of thinkers it is," he said with a pip "And thank you for the offer. It will be nice to stay inside for a change, with good solid stone above me instead of the open sky. Now, let's see if I can't teach a young dwarf a lesson."
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: Holds of Karag Mor/Republic of Ever-Winter   Holds of Karag Mor/Republic of Ever-Winter Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 12:08 pm

Yesturday

"Aye, I bet it was unsettling with all that open space above you. At least with our mountains we know what holds them up." Flint stated echoing a concern many dwarves thought. The game had commenced and before the dinner beat rang out through the Operis Clan's city the clear victor was Garek, his greater experience with the game trumping the young dwarves head strong enthusiastic moves.

"Ah, that's the dinner beat. Does the Dwarves of the Mor Mountains communicate with Drums? The City of Never-Winter is the only one of the clans within the republic that uses it for time, we don't use sung tunnels like our brothers so we rely on an hour drum that portions our days out. It's too bad we can't use them for messages as well, they're for simple messages of war or in our case here to inform us of the time every hour." Flint explained

Getting up from his seat the Thane sniffed the air and informed with a smile, "Smells like Thabari Fish tonight. It comes from the Black Lake. Most common fish there is but in my opinion the best also if your wife knows how to cook, which mine does." The Thane introduced his wife as Elenor. She was a similar aged dwarve as the Thane but was easily far prettier then the Thane was handsome and had more then just the average looking dwarve as a suitor.

Current Day

The smell of Elenor's cooking wafted through the home. The morning meal was simple. Some fresh bread from the baker with some jams along with some form of meat that was commonplace within undermountain kingdoms. The Thane ran his fingers through his beard ensuring no bread comes disgraced it when they left the house.

Grabbing two hammers from the wall he asked, "Well are you ready to go Garek we've a half days walk to reach the Grand Hall of Thanes." One of the hammers appeared to be ceremonial while the other was of more practical use.

(OOC: Thought to finish up the current day and then move on to the actuall discussions seeing as we're getting a feel for each others nations and what not. Also seeing as I took the liberty to speed up yesturday I'll let you say when we arrive. Beleive description of the GHoT's can be found in my application if you want to included it our I can describe it after you post we arrive when ever that'll be.)
Back to top Go down
Zhufor

Zhufor

PostSubject: Re: Holds of Karag Mor/Republic of Ever-Winter   Holds of Karag Mor/Republic of Ever-Winter Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 7:00 pm

((Sorry, been busy this weekend.))

Garek nodded to Flint as he geared himself up. He eyed the Ornate Hammer and noticed it was of very fine quality. He told himself he would ask about it later. He himself carried an ax, common among Dwarves of Karag Mor, that was made out of a single steel ingot. Dwarven Runes ran up it's handle, a faint glow coming from them as if they had been freshly pulled from the forges. Compared to his ax, the rest of his kit seemed pretty simple. He wore simple green robe and hood over a simple chainmail vest and leather breaches. A bearded war helm was strapped to a leather belt, but was rather simple in comparison to the ax.

"Aye, let's get going. My men will likely be waiting outside for us, if they followed orders. Wouldn't be surprised if they are passed out drunk in the tavern either . . . " he said with a slight chuckle.
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: Holds of Karag Mor/Republic of Ever-Winter   Holds of Karag Mor/Republic of Ever-Winter Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 9:42 am

((No problem dude it's all kool I wouldn't have gotten around to replying till today anyways. Not sure how disciplined your dwarves are so leave it to you to say who is there and who ain't.))

Chuckling Flint added speaking from expereince, "Well if they're still asleep now they'll be waking up with a pounding head that's for sure." The ceremonial hammer was smaller then a normal war hammer and was straped to the thanes left side. His own hammer he carried slung over his right shoulder. Noticing the runes along the axe's handle Flint complimented and asked, "Beautiful axe, did a master forger make it for you?"

Opening the door from his home the Thane added with a smile of excitment in anticipation, "We've not had visitors in our Republic for some time. I'm sure Keeper Bernard was awake all night trying to figure something out for you in the Grand Hall of Thanes."

*What the Grand Hall of Thanes looks like now:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Zhufor

Zhufor

PostSubject: Re: Holds of Karag Mor/Republic of Ever-Winter   Holds of Karag Mor/Republic of Ever-Winter Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 6:18 pm

Garek grinned at the Thane's comment about his ax. He himself found it to be a marvel of Dwarven Forge Work, although it was always good to hear it from others.

"Aye, although not for me. It was made centuries ago to the Father of my Clan by the Firebrand Clan to honor our protection of his Hold against the marauding Goblins. However, the great Hold no longer stands." Garek sighed as he remembered the mighty Hold in its prime.

Cheering himself up, Garek walked out the door and down the road to the Grand Hall of Thanes. He quietly thanked the Gods when his entire group of Rangers appeared where they said they would. No oath breakers today. However, the Scholars could still be seen packing their stuff at the end of the line. For this, Garek cuffed a few heads and gave them a quick yelling at. Nothing out of the ordinary.

"Alright. These darned scholars are ready to go. Lead the way."
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: Holds of Karag Mor/Republic of Ever-Winter   Holds of Karag Mor/Republic of Ever-Winter Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 6:42 pm

Hearing the disappointment in Garek's voice Flint questioned, "Did the Firebrand's Clan Hold fall into disrepair Garek? We have no great fortifications to hold our enemies at bay though thankfully for us they've never found the entrances into our subterran Republic though they've come close a few days ago, I almost wish we had a stout building for defense because we've not known the Avians to seek us out so openingly." The Thane let slip some information of the Republic of Ever-Winter

Although no road the path was descernable from the worn look. Guesturing the Thane set off hoping that the half days travel to the Grand Hall of Thanes would be swift. "So, Garek do you have a family back underneath your Mor Mountains?"
Back to top Go down
Zhufor

Zhufor

PostSubject: Re: Holds of Karag Mor/Republic of Ever-Winter   Holds of Karag Mor/Republic of Ever-Winter Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 7:05 pm

Garek thought on Flint's comment. These Avians were assaulting his dwarven brothers? Even if he succeeds in returning to the Mountains of Mor with the information of fellow dwarves, what good would it do if they were gone when they returned? He promised to himself that this would not happen and would bring it up in the coming meeting. Meanwhile, he would deflect his thoughts to other, less dark matters.

"Aye. A fine wife and a son have I. Back in the Capital of Karag Mor. No dwarf could ask for a better wife and son. He serves in the Rangers like his father, bless his heart. A good warrior, if I trust my kinsmen in his Company. Of course, I have plenty of Clansmen as well. The Whitebeard Clan is well known for being Rangers and explorers. It's in our blood. How about you me' boy? What of your kinsmen?"
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: Holds of Karag Mor/Republic of Ever-Winter   Holds of Karag Mor/Republic of Ever-Winter Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 9:36 am

"Oh the Stokes family line has always been stone miners or with the Republics Heavy Infantry. We've got strong backs and arms from all the mining so some choose to join our militaries finest after working as minors for a while." The thane said emphasizing how strong the dwarves who worked in the mines were by patting his bicep.

"Most clans that work in the mines have a few members of their family in the military." Flint added then asked, "The Rangers? What kind of units do these Rangers comprise of?"

(OOC: I gotta get something about my military units up instead of just calling them Heavy Infantry and Light Infantry ect ect.)
Back to top Go down
Zhufor

Zhufor

PostSubject: Re: Holds of Karag Mor/Republic of Ever-Winter   Holds of Karag Mor/Republic of Ever-Winter Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 9:37 pm

Garek scratched his chin in thought. He didn't know exactly what the Thane was pointing at by his question. However, he had a basic idea of how he should explain the purpose of the Rangers to Flint.

"Well. The Rangers are those Dwarves who have a wanderlust, to put it simply. They roam about the surface, making sure the threats from above don't meddle with our affairs. All my men are Rangers, for example. Found their Company up when I first began this little expedition of mine and they were happy to follow. A Ranger's lot in life is for excitement and exploration, after all. In combat they bear crossbows to harass the enemy as the Forge Guard crash into their lines."
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: Holds of Karag Mor/Republic of Ever-Winter   Holds of Karag Mor/Republic of Ever-Winter Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 9:49 am

"Ah, the Rangers sound interesting. I'm curious about the outside world. We've been within our undermountain realm for so long I'm not sure who would welcome a life such as that though there are quite a number of curious dwarves within the Republic hoping that they'll be able to venture safely outside when the Avians are done with."

The Thane went on, "The Rangers and Forge Guard sound a lot like the dwarves of our Legions. Purhaps you'll be able to see some of them on manuvers on our way to the Grand Hall."
Back to top Go down
Zhufor

Zhufor

PostSubject: Re: Holds of Karag Mor/Republic of Ever-Winter   Holds of Karag Mor/Republic of Ever-Winter Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 10:26 pm

Garek grinned at the thought of seeing his fellow Dwarves in action. Ever since he arrived he had been wondering if the dwarves of Never-Winter shared the Hold's skill in warfare. Still, only time would tell as he would only be able to judge fairly if he saw them in battle. He quietly hoped that one day he would get to see such a marvelous thing come to light. However, he decided to take a few steps towards finding out about these Avians he had been hearing so much about.

"Aye, it would be an honor. Now, you've been speaking of the 'Avians' quite a lot. It may be just a mispronunciation for my dialect, but I am not familiar with that term. What are they, exactly?"
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: Holds of Karag Mor/Republic of Ever-Winter   Holds of Karag Mor/Republic of Ever-Winter Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 10:09 am

"They're nothing but overlarge crows. Evil creatures who claim our mountains as their own. When we sent an ambassador to them ages ago they killed him and those with him, all but one. We went to war and were succesfull till humans entered. They fought with the Avian's and we withdrew under the mountain not wishing to fight a war against two people. Most recent they plummeted from the sky taking dwarves by surprise and killing them so we marched off to war again. The outcome will not be no different, but I fear that as both nations have grown larger this war will to be longer then any in our history." The Thane replied with a defeated look Dwarves would die for a long time before complete victory would be acheived.
Back to top Go down
Zhufor

Zhufor

PostSubject: Re: Holds of Karag Mor/Republic of Ever-Winter   Holds of Karag Mor/Republic of Ever-Winter Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 4:34 pm

Garek stared outwards grimly as he thought of these Avians. What monsters they must be to attempt to take Ancestral Dwarven Lands as their own. As fiery anger built up inside him, he furrowed his brow. Who were they to claim the lands of the Dwarves? No better then elves in Garek's eyes. With a voice akin to gravel, Garek made his position on the matter.

"If these bird-things think they owners of the mountain holds, then they are no wiser then Goblins and Orcs. I pledge you this Thane, If I get my way, I'll have the entire Holds of Karag Mor up in arms. That I just find your people to have you taken away is unacceptable. Mark my words, the Holds will be returning home with feathered trophies when we come marching."
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: Holds of Karag Mor/Republic of Ever-Winter   Holds of Karag Mor/Republic of Ever-Winter Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 3:40 pm

Hearing Garek's voice taking on a more rocky sound Flint knew his kinsmen initial rage was equal to his own and was expressing it with his pledge to aid the republic if he could. The Thanes own initial reaction when he heard of the scouts deaths was similar, he'd even grabed for his hammer, but the dwarves were a long lived race. Those within the republic were ruled by their emotions but could wait centuries and generations to extract their revenage. There would be no peace between the Dwarves and Avians of the Ever-Winter Mountains till those birds paid in full for what the attrocities they commited ages past and have showen that they will continue on that path of evil.

"Aye, no wiser then Goblins or Orcs but better organized then either and far more intelligent. Goblins you can smell them when they lay a trap and Orcs, we'll they don't have the brains. But these crows don't smell and have the brains to lay traps, at least when we last fought them ages ago they did yet we were victorious over them before retreating back into the mountain. We'll do so again I reckon. It's good to know that we'll have friends within the Holds of Karag Mor who will vouch for us. If ever in need I'd do the same for you and your people Garek of the Holds." The young Thane stated plainly.
Back to top Go down
Zhufor

Zhufor

PostSubject: Re: Holds of Karag Mor/Republic of Ever-Winter   Holds of Karag Mor/Republic of Ever-Winter Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 5:34 pm

Garek nodded grimly, his nerves calming as the Thane spoke. He decided it was better for himself not to get angry at something he could not change at present time. He vowed once again that when he returned to the Holds, he would rally the throngs for battle if need be. With another grudge burned into his mind, he grinned towards Flint.

"Aye, and it'll be a sight to see, the Dwarves marching to battle together. Anyhow, it is time to focus at the tasks at hand. Hopefully, we can speak with your fellows to get this document signed," he said, motioning to the rolled up paper in his pack, "And then we can get to doing things of purpose."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Holds of Karag Mor/Republic of Ever-Winter   Holds of Karag Mor/Republic of Ever-Winter Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Holds of Karag Mor/Republic of Ever-Winter
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next