Rules of Conduct
* This is a roleplaying forum. Have fun, connive to your heart's content, and direct your spaceships across the stars, but do not take it personally when others do the same and decide to invade your empire. Personal vendettas and feelings have no place in roleplaying. Be courteous to others, accept the good and the bad, and enjoy yourself.
* Warring Fronts is a team effort with several moderators and administrators. Treat them all with the same respect that you would give me as the founder and administrator. I couldn't do this forum without them. If a moderator makes a decision you disagree with, accept it, and raise the issue at a later time or in a private message. If you throw a tantrum there will be consequences.
* Respect forummotion's rules of conduct. They are the forum host, and are just as worthy of your respect as I am.
* Empire Roleplaying forums are often long-term commitments. Unlike characters, empires cannot drop off the map inconspicuously without changing the entire socioeconomic condition of the forum. Please keep this in mind, and do not join if you only intend to play for a short time.
* Advertising is allowed in restricted circumstances. If you wish to advertise something, please contact me through a PM and explain what you wish to advertise, and why it would be appropriate here. If I find the request reasonable, I'll give you permission.
* This is a serious roleplaying forum. One-liners are highly discouraged, and posts should be at least a paragraph long. Major posts, such as ones in the Life and Administration forum, should be multiple paragraphs in length. All posts should have correct and grammatical spelling. Intermittent mistakes will be overlooked, but consistent or frequent errors will not.
* Out of Topic posts should be limited to the appropriate threads. If an out of topic note is necessary in a roleplaying thread for purposes such as clarification or correction it should be kept brief and to the point.
* At least one post in the Day to Day forum every ten days is required for active players. If there are extenuating circumstances that preclude such consistency but you wish to continue on the forum, speak with me or another Moderator and we will consider your case.
* Please post in a third-person perspective when roleplaying in Warring Fronts. This is for consistency purposes, and helps keep posts understandable.
* Members are currently restricted to one empire per player.
* Warring Fronts is a mature roleplaying forum. Cursing, death, warfare and grievous harm to trees and puppies may occur. If you object to this, please move on. Likewise, Such material should be kept to appropriate context. Abuse of mature elements when unnecessary will be penalized.
* Part of the fun of Nations Roleplaying is crafting nations and contributing to the overall world. Therefore, do your best to respect the setting and atmosphere of Warring Fronts as you add your own contributions to it.
* This is an original Medieval Fantasy forum. Blatant copies or rip-offs of factions from other settings such as Lord of the Rings, Dungeons and Dragons, and Faerun are strictly prohibited. I understand the line between "artistically inspired" and "shamelessly copied" and will make the distinction, but if I find that someone has taken a faction from another setting there will be severe consequences.
* Respect roleplaying etiquette while on Warring Fronts. In particular, you may not control other player's characters or nations in any way, shape, or form. Only an empire's own creator and controller may determine what their units or characters can and will do. The only except to this are Moderator Marks, which are a mechanic for the balance and the maintenance of the forum and are subject to certain rules and restrictions of their own.
* Respect the boundaries between roleplaying and real life. Metagaming is prohibited. An empire's leaders do not automatically know about the other empires, their capabilities, or events outside their sphere of influence.
Moderator Marks are written by moderators or administrators in the Day to Day forum and the Wars and Battles forum. They are written as empirical explanations of events. Things like popular opinion and battle moral are explained in Mod Marks, as are the movements of NPC characters and dissidents. The goal of modmarks is to place the players in the position of rulers rather than orchestrators. Modmarks provide reactions and consequences to player decisions on the forum.
Although he is not a Co-Moderator or Co-Founder, Talis is partially responsible for a plethora of ideas that have taken shape on Warring Fronts. I thank him here for his time, patience and effort he's put into the initial Warring Fronts RPG, Warping Empires, and Conflict of Cities. Thank you, Talis!